Key coding UK cars

was8v

Just bought a 2004 UK 350z.

It only came with 1 working key and 1 blank key.

I can get the key cut easily, but How do i add the key into the alarm/immobiliser?

Can this be done without visiting the dealer?

Tried a search but got dead links.

Thanks.

I have posted this question in several topics now but no one has been able to help:

Do you unlock car with origional fob and then put origional key in ignition barrel and turn on off six times, then do the press the lock unlock buttons on the new fob (whilst origional key is in the ignition)

OR

Unlock car with original fob, then insert new unprogrammed key in to ignition barrel, turn on off 6 times and then press the lock unlock button combo on the new fob whilst it is dangling from ignition barrel?

Really don't want to end up with no working keys and I have found no clear answer to this despite loads of searches!

Thanks guys.

Just to add to this thread:

I'm picking my car up on Thursday. I managed to convince the previous owner to get the key sorted himself before I pick it up.

He was taking it to a dealer to sort.

If he has had no luck I will try the procedure posted above.

Thanks.

I have posted this question in several topics now but no one has been able to help:

Do you unlock car with origional fob and then put origional key in ignition barrel and turn on off six times, then do the press the lock unlock buttons on the new fob (whilst origional key is in the ignition)

OR

Unlock car with original fob, then insert new unprogrammed key in to ignition barrel, turn on off 6 times and then press the lock unlock button combo on the new fob whilst it is dangling from ignition barrel?

Really don't want to end up with no working keys and I have found no clear answer to this despite loads of searches!

Thanks guys.

you will need to have the new key/fob in the ignition when doing this otherwise how else could it programme itself to the ECU?

don't hold me to it but with other cars I have had the key fob needs to be very close in order to be reprogrammed. if it's not right next to the barrel then it wont work. this is why certain people are stupid enough to tape a fob under the ignition barrel in order to use remote start etc :lol: