Hi Guys

Hi All

Just wanted to say hi, and what a great site this is. Just about to take the plunge and get myself a Z. Test drove the usual suspects i guess RX8, S2000, but decided on the Z cant get enough of that sound :teeth:

Currenly a toss up between an '05' UY GT4 with only 2k on the clock and a '55' Blade GT with 7k. Doing quite a few miles for work at the mo so will probably go with the GT4.

Couple of quick questions is Ultra Yellow metallic? the weather was overcast so it was hard to tell and the salesman was none the wiser ;)

And can you still get the vertical torneau cover (to hide the boot content)? again the salesman was unsure.

Thanks for your help and all the advice on the board.

R

Guest prescience

:welcome:

The ultra yellow is better described as pearlescent rather than metallic, but its not a solid colour like Kuro or Chilli

The Nissan tonneau cover is a worthless waste of money, I am lucky enough to have one of Stuart B's items but several members here have fabricated their own. A quick search for tonneau should reveal all. In case that's not clear - don't waste your money on the Nissan tonneau cover :p

Hard to believe the salesman was unsure ;) ;) :lol:

The ultra yellow is better described as pearlescent rather than metallic, but its not a solid colour like Kuro or Chilli

The Nissan tonneau cover is a worthless waste of money, I am lucky enough to have one of Stuart B's items but several members here have fabricated their own. A quick search for tonneau should reveal all. In case that's not clear - don't waste your money on the Nissan tonneau cover :p

Hard to believe the salesman was unsure ;) ;) :lol:

A tonneau is a good idea to hide the contents of the boot from prying eyes but don't be fooled into thinking it'll make the car quieter - it doesn't. I agree with Dorian that the tonneau's which were made and sold on this site's predecessor by a guy called Stuart B are the dog's (I've got one :D ) but he doesn't make them any more, so looking out for someone selling on is your best bet. If you're handy, make your own but if you're a DIY numpty like me Nissan may be your only option.

Oh, and welcome aboard!! :thumbs:

UY ALL DAY LONG MATEY!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

The paint is beautiful when its nice and clean. As said before, its not metallic but has speckly bits in it that reflect the light beautifully :thumbs:

We need as many UY owners on here as possible so I'm not fighting the colour war on my own :teeth:

I do have a Nissan Tonneau Cover. I'm crap at DIY and don't own one electrical diy tool so making one is out of the question for me. As stated they help to keep the cabin area a bit quiter and keep things hidden in the boot.

If like me you are poor at DIY, you can still get these from Holdcroft, a Nissan trader on here who will do them at discount. You will need to contact a admin/mod for a discount code. Check out the forum discount section for more information on Holdcroft.

Wow, thanks for all the welcomes guys. Going to have another 'longer' test drive on Wednesday, will let you know how i get on.

Thanks for the info re the tonneau cover, yes it was more to hide the boot contents than reduce the noise ;)

Was really pleased with the insurance quote as well, for any newbies reading this try 'Directline'.

R

Wow, thanks for all the welcomes guys. Going to have another 'longer' test drive on Wednesday, will let you know how i get on.

Thanks for the info re the tonneau cover, yes it was more to hide the boot contents than reduce the noise ;)

Was really pleased with the insurance quote as well, for any newbies reading this try 'Directline'.

R

Tesco are part of the same company,,, may save you a little bit more ;)

Nearly, its actually that Privilege, Directline and Tesco are underwritten by the same insurers UK Insurance.

You will find that there is a slight variation between the three depending on your demographics and circumstances...... :D

I'm going through the insurance maze at the moment as well. From my experience (and in my particular circumstances) Privilege is winning but Adrian Flux (with the forum 15% discount) get pretty close.

G

PS I feel a little silly saying welcome since I've only been on the forum for a few days and don't get my Z til Saturday but what the hell.... WELCOME (and have fun).

Thanks Graham. Good luck with yours on Saturday, Gunmetal is a great colour and I hope it stays dry!

Insurance quotes are so variable, its daft. My friend is getting cheaper quotes on his new 50k Cayman S than i'm getting on the £26k Z. He lives 3 miles away in a similar area, Mine will be garaged and his on the drive. Both have same full no claims, no tickets etc and are same age, well i'm 6mths older. Can only think its because he is married and has access to a 2nd car.

R

Thanks Graham. Good luck with yours on Saturday, Gunmetal is a great colour and I hope it stays dry!

Insurance quotes are so variable, its daft. My friend is getting cheaper quotes on his new 50k Cayman S than i'm getting on the £26k Z. He lives 3 miles away in a similar area, Mine will be garaged and his on the drive. Both have same full no claims, no tickets etc and are same age, well i'm 6mths older. Can only think its because he is married and has access to a 2nd car.

R

I bet his wife is down as a named driver. Do you have a woman named on your policy? :)

R

I bet his wife is down as a named driver. Do you have a woman named on your policy? :)

its not bad advice that, I've just put the GF on as named driver on my car and the policy has dropped by £200!!

Not that's she's driving it mind ;)

Thats a good idea, i'll get the girlfriend on the policy, not sure she would dare to drive it, knows that i value my wheels B)

Anyway got to the garage tonight for pre-arranged test drive in the Ultra Yellow GT and it had just (10mins earlier) been sold :thumbdown: the guy was there signing on the dotted line. Car looked stunning in what little sunshine there was as well.

But all is not lost took out a '55' plate in Blade Silver to cheer my self up but i'm a car cleaning nut and wouldnt get the same pleasure out of a silver car, also at £25,995 its only a few pounds short of a new one.

So.... i'm getting a new one YIPPEE, just got to flip a coin between Gunmetal and Azure :headhurt:

R