RED L.E.D FOG LIGHT BULB PLEASE!

RICHIERICH

HI,

I have fitted symmetrical rear fog/indicator assembly some time ago and fitted a LED bulb for fog light but now MOT is due end of month and I know its not bright enough and aiming off to side which defeats purpose. I have seen some on ebay from china but no one seems to sell in UK or one that is bright enough with all round LED's. I'm sure I have seen sum1 selling them on here a while back but couldnt find in the search bar. Can anyone help please regards Richard.

Unfortuantely the only chap that used to hold the LED bulbs in stock in the UK is no longer trading.

The ones on eBay as Mike posted are spot on, mine has been through 2 MOTs with one now. Unfortunately they do come from HK/China. They do come in pairs though, so you migth be able to find someone with one already - I gave my spare to Lexx for his :surrender:

Unfortuantely the only chap that used to hold the LED bulbs in stock in the UK is no longer trading.

The ones on eBay as Mike posted are spot on, mine has been through 2 MOTs with one now. Unfortunately they do come from HK/China. They do come in pairs though, so you migth be able to find someone with one already - I gave my spare to Lexx for his :surrender:

AND I AM THAT MAN!!!!!! :lol::lol:

i have one spare at home somewhere!!! if i can dig it out u can have it!

let me know where you live and i'll stick it in the post!

Sparky

EDIT:- did u just "clear out" the fog lens or did u put a new cluster in both sides?

Its all down to money mate, brighter LEDs cost more to produce and inherently need better circuitry to run it etc. I have a CREE powered torch at home, it only has a single LED and is massively bright! Cheap and easy to product lights use inferior LEDs. I found that out too, I went through 3-4 sets before finding those ones on eBay that work.

I would suggest you take Sparky up on his (excellent) offer, just in case. It took about 10 days for my last set to arrive, dont want you to miss out on the MOT because of the postie!

do these replace the original fog, like for like? i put new crystal clear casings on the back but my fog is now a clear bulb, so will this suit??

Yes exactly what you need :thumbs: White when off (ish) but glow red B)

• 2 weeks later...
i ordered this bulb like 10 days ago, i know its coming from usa but hurry up!!!

anyone else know lead time on buying this bulb??

Did you get it from JPWarden? I can guarentee his come out of HK not the US, although he does state the loction as US to get the sales :bang: 10 days is nothing, it can take 2-3 weeks.

I'll take you up on that offer sparky if you can find it :thumbs:

sorry scott already sent this out.

but they did take almost 3 weeks to come as i remember. i was a pain to be honest! but well worth it.

all i need now is a lens for the fog light as i "melted mine" in the oven!! LOL cant cook, wont cook!!

I have one if these lying about after pimm help me out after waiting for mine. it took 21/2 wks to come from HK :surrender:

I can post to anyone who wants it FOC on condition that they return me a fresh one when they get their pair :thumbs: