fitting a nissan connect stereo in a 350

nicktendo64

Hi everyone

Just wondering if any of you have ever fitted the nissan connect sat nav system in any of your cars. ive been offered one cheap from a new quashqai and been told it should fit in my z ok, keeping all the steering controls and all that. i got the bose still at the mo and obviously its packed up, but i cant really afford to put in anything too flashy.

any help would be appreciated, cheers

ah right, what does that do? im not too worried about sat nav, just want a cd player that works and to have it controlled on the sterring wheel, and bluetooth

Whats wrong with yours in the car or have you got an import without steering whel controls?

I have an aftermarket kenwood and the steering controls work!

ive got a uk model, with the bose unit, it all works as it should with the steering controls. its just the cd player is rubbish, jumps every few seconds and some of the speakers cut out. hitting the head unit brings the speakers back on tho.

thats why i was looking at this nissan connect thing, if its just a case of replacing the headunit and maybe a bit of simple wiring i would be happy.

just not sure how it would connect with the bose amp and whatnot

ive got a uk model, with the bose unit, it all works as it should with the steering controls. its just the cd player is rubbish, jumps every few seconds and some of the speakers cut out. hitting the head unit brings the speakers back on tho.

thats why i was looking at this nissan connect thing, if its just a case of replacing the headunit and maybe a bit of simple wiring i would be happy.

just not sure how it would connect with the bose amp and whatnot

Not an expert in the ICE are but I think this may be your issue due to connectors and such like.

Connect looks quite cool though and would suit the car. If its cheap, get it and try it! Be the first :#1: If it dosn work, flog it on ebay!

• 2 weeks later...

i decided to give it a go but ive removed the bose and found a problem. i looked online and cant seem to find any leads that can fit the new stereo. i dont know how to upload photos but hopefully this will work...

nissan connect

DSC03756.jpg

bose

DSC03757.jpg

any ideas what leads i would need to get?

cheers

Ok, who actually told you that this would fit, because it clearly is incompatible with the existing loom in the 350Z.

Also I'm guessing that the blue socket on the Connect is for the GPS antenna, was a GPS antenna included with the unit?

If you can, then take it back and ask for a refund.