Carbon wrap has begun!!

cfoster

from what ive heard and seen as long as you take your time and dont over heat the vinyl you should be able to cover most curved parts...however that was just normal vinyl...this has the carbon weave so you can tell where its been stretched fairly easily :thumbdown:

so thats some very good work :thumbs:

Cheers mate, i was dreading the weave going out of shape but luckily I didnt need to heat it up too much. I think some of hte other panels may be different though!

after doing the wing mirrors, (well attempted :lol: ) i think the panels on the car aren't going to be to bad. maybe not easy, but not as hard as the mirrors

Logically in my head (having never tried it, but covered stuff with Alcantara) I would agree. There arent too many tight bends so shouldnt need much heating and stretching for the most part. Seeing Colins "fangs" on his 370z, you certainly can do complex curves if you know what you are doing, some serious skill involved though!

after doing the wing mirrors, (well attempted :lol: ) i think the panels on the car aren't going to be to bad. maybe not easy, but not as hard as the mirrors

Logically in my head (having never tried it, but covered stuff with Alcantara) I would agree. There arent too many tight bends so shouldnt need much heating and stretching for the most part. Seeing Colins "fangs" on his 370z, you certainly can do complex curves if you know what you are doing, some serious skill involved though!

You are both right i reckon, problem with carbon is keeping the weave as straight as possible. Cast vinyl is VERY forgiving so stretching / skewing isnt really a problem with a little heat, its just a case of keeping the weaves straight with the carbon stuff. i think places like the number plate recess and in front of the headlights the weave may stretch slightly but should still look awesome!! I am going to be wrapping my beetle with matt black but wish i'd did this first now!