Decat sound

cookiemonster

It will probably be the heat shields, I need to check mine over when I swap the Japsepeeds over for my new decats :)

My car sounds like theres a rattle snake in the boot from about 1.5-3k RPM but you can only hear it from inside the car, it drives me nuts :bangin:

i have a rattle with my HFC's after they were fitted, but it only happens at very low revs, i.e if i pull away in too high a gear etc. but apart form that nothing.

so i'll check my rear heat shields as thats where the noise is coming from. (i think)

don't forget also when swapping over to HFC/decats, most don't have the support that joins the 2 togther, so the exhaust has more flex than usual.

i think the Berks were the only one that put a new one back in.

the k1 is too loud for most people before the decats...

ive got TOPSPEED resonated decats and they dont rattle or rasp, couldnt be happier with them, i have never had or tried the non resonated pipes on a 350 tho

the k1 is too loud for most people before the decats...

ive got TOPSPEED resonated decats and they dont rattle or rasp, couldnt be happier with them, i have never had or tried the non resonated pipes on a 350 tho

mines dosent rattle but is realy loud , sound good when giving it a bit foot to the floor tho :thumbs:

i have a rattle with my HFC's after they were fitted, but it only happens at very low revs, i.e if i pull away in too high a gear etc. but apart form that nothing.

so i'll check my rear heat shields as thats where the noise is coming from. (i think)

don't forget also when swapping over to HFC/decats, most don't have the support that joins the 2 togther, so the exhaust has more flex than usual.

i think the Berks were the only one that put a new one back in.

I was thinking that the bracket might be making the difference, might have to custom make something just to protect the flexi's if nothing else

K1 is way too quiet, not really that much louder than stock :)

Ian what system are you running? I want loud :teeth:

You sure? ;)

Gives you an idea of just how loud it is :)

Setup at the moment is DC Sports headers, Japspeed decats (soon to be removed), Ichiba Y-pipe, GReddy singe exit exhaust with the mid pipe silencer removed.

Exhaust & decats will be for sale soon, maybe even the y-pipe aswell :D