Thoughts on this 350z

Demolition49

Hello all

Spotted this 350 on auto-trader... tempting... hell alot of work to do on it though, wings, bumper, possibly bonet, headlight, 2 new wheels + tyres, possibly pillar, wishbone, links.... ive got 3 months of time on my hands, is this worth working on as a project for the next 3/4 months.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Certainly not an uprev (MY06) and looking at the offside damage and buckled rear rear (not mentioned on the ad) I would suggest that a full check underneath is done as I suspect there is more damage hiding there :dry:

Be very wary ;)

the add says " This car has n/s front corner area damage. "

What about the fact that all 4 wheels are buckled? It's had a major crash, probably over kerbs. Definately needs inspecting on a ramp before buying to check for hidden structural and suspension damage, probably needs re-jigging and straightening in my opinon.

looks pretty cheap considering....

theres a nissan garage i drive past in ipswich everyday that has a silver 06 350z with leather seats, brembos ect for £16,995! admitadly it has been sittin there a good few months now tho, and a few cars down is a fiat 500 arbarth thing, im liking the look of that for some reason lol

and i would agree with the above comments about having a look at it on a ramp before buying it, its so cheap so could be worse than it looks

Do you have access to body jigs and the official dimensions etc ? Otherwise I would avoid - buy it for £2K and break up for spares - you will get more money from parts than the car I think? :)

stanski has a good point

you would never make your money back.

the car might never handle right so if you do get to use the 300bhp+ listed would you feel safe in it.

And by the time you pay off all the new parts pay someone get it on the road relist it safe you could of saved the extra money and bought good running 350 jump in a drive away.

Jason