Car deccelerates when trying to accelerate

Nuno

I have noticed a new problem yesterday. When I put put my foot down to accelerate the car starts to deccelerate for 1-2secs when it reaches around 4-5000rpm, it slows down by 5-10mph and drops 500rpm, then after continues to accelerate. 1st gear is fine but it only happens with 2nd gear onwards. Gear changing is not a problem, only the decceleration when I don't want it to deccelerate. Anyone know what's wrong or had the same problem and how I can rectify it?

No there aren't any warning lights. I'll try to reset the ecu once I figure out how to do it to see if it helps. What do you mean by sequence to activate the fault code?

I also read the sticking throttle thread. Would using a fuel additive or cleaning the throttle body help in this situation?

No there aren't any warning lights. I'll try to reset the ecu once I figure out how to do it to see if it helps. What do you mean by sequence to activate the fault code?

I also read the sticking throttle thread. Would using a fuel additive or cleaning the throttle body help in this situation?

See this link for the fault code sequence and resseting procedure.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/182298

Is your car modified if so what is done?

Failing that there is no gear indicators on this car and your Z could be running on limp mode Which by doing the fault code sequence I hope you get something to appear failing that It could be A trip to the Nissan Dealership mate.

i.e

Does the car have a CAI (cold air induction kit) or a D1 spec throttle controller.

It seems the throttle could be fine but you are not gaining the right mixture of air and fuel.

Thanks for the replies. The car has not been modified and yes it's in gear correctly. I have tried to reset the ecu via the manual method but I can't seem to get the cel light to blink, so it seems as though it's not being done properly but I hav follwed the steps correctly. Is there any other way to do it myself without any equipment or will I have to take it to the dealer to reset the ecu?

I managed to complete the first part, buy am confused with the second part....

" Without Consult

Turn ignition On.

Turn diagnostic mode selector on ECU fully clockwise and wait until inspection lamps flash. #Number of flashes displayed indicates corresponding mode.

Note number of flashes, then immediately turn diagnostic mode selector fully counterclockwise."

where is the diagnostic mode selector and ecu?