Touch-up paint

Ebized

Not surprisingly :dry: Nissan UK were unable to suply any Storm White touch-up paint for the inevtiable stone chips.

That available on the net seemed to be silly prices and frankly for small chips the 3-stage stuff seems over the top.

Having saw the mud guards on Motorsport Auto, noticed they also did a touch-up paint that has a roller ball tip with a separate brush - just $6.90. Although it does not include the lacquer the test looks very good so a an extra fiver or so seems money well spent.

P1060747.jpg

Will be visiting the local Nissan dealer with the touch-up, after the parts guy insisted Nissan do not supply it - but they certainly do across the pond :lol:

Colin thats impressive!

When I had my Xtrail, Nissan released a new blue colour (to appeal to the youff market apparently) but it didnt and they could'nt be ar**ed to produce the touch up so just got my local car parts place to mix me up an aerosol for about £9 - paint match was superb - so worth a try if you get stuck again Colin :thumbs:

I got mine through paints4u, as far as i know Nissan still haven't done a rosso red touch up! :thumbdown:

Thats really pants is'nt it - I mean all they have to do is divert a teeny bit of factory paint for goodness sakes! This will be an accountants decision somewhere - they are probably saving 18pence per car by doing this! :rant:

NNA part no. - that will be Nissan North America then :lol:

Yeah - as noted under the pic - if Nissan can supply it there why not here? :wacko:

When you look at what is available over there for 370's, compared to so little on offer over here from either Nissan or after-market suppliers, it is frustrating.

Nothing changes does it! I had similar problems getting Ebisu Black touch up paint for my 350Z Roadster back in January 2007. Got nowhere with Nissan UK. Wrote to AutoExpress saying what a ridiculous situation. They featured me and my car in an article about non availability of Nissan touch up paint. Still had to source mine from USA though. Obviously touch up paint problem has not been solved here in UK.

Nothing changes does it! I had similar problems getting Ebisu Black touch up paint for my 350Z Roadster back in January 2007. Got nowhere with Nissan UK. Wrote to AutoExpress saying what a ridiculous situation. They featured me and my car in an article about non availability of Nissan touch up paint. Still had to source mine from USA though. Obviously touch up paint problem has not been solved here in UK.

Come along to Wales drives on 22/23 May and you can have my pot of Ebisu paint I had for the 350 ;)

I tried to source this touchup from my local dealer today. They showed me a technical bulletin from Nissan regarding paint code QAB saying that as the paint is perlescent any repair requires bodyshop attention and therefore touch-up sticks are not applicable. What a cop out! Will be ordering from a local paint mixer or get that US stick!

Colin

Thanks for offer of Ebisu Black paint but I managed to get a tin some time back.

As you say, what a cop out over your touch up paint. Are you supposed to have a frontal respray every time you get a stone chip? What a joke.

Ian

I ordered a touch up kit from thescratchdoctor.co.uk. They match the paint using the code and it arrived today. Looks a pretty comprehensive kit. You have bottle of "first coat" which appears to be just the white colour, then "second coat" which is a pearly white and then finally a bottle of lacquer. You then have wet/dry paper, applicators etc.. All for under a tenner. Hopefully won't need to use it for a while.