Insurance Update

GrahamB

I've been reading a few bits on the forum about insurance costs and thought I would pass on my experience since I'm currently issuring my Z for the first time.

I've just bought a 2005 (55 plate) GT (Gun, StaNav, Parking Sensors) with a market value of £25k. I'm an old(ish) git living in leafy Surrey with lots of no claim but the striking thing wasn't the actual numbers but the range of them.

I started with my current insurers (Admiral) and was looking at about £660 full comp with a £350 xcs, after shopping around AA etc I was still somewhere near £600 until I tried Privilege.

If I buy online at Privilege the premium falls to sub £400 with a £250 xcs and protected NCD! I'm currently ploughing through the policy conditions to find the catch but haven't found it yet. If this works my new Z will actually be saving me money compared to the old Alfa Spider I'm trading in......

This would probably be a good time to point out that I am in no way related to the above insurance company, I just thought I'd pass on the tip.

G :blush:

I've been reading a few bits on the forum about insurance costs and thought I would pass on my experience since I'm currently issuring my Z for the first time.

I've just bought a 2005 (55 plate) GT (Gun, StaNav, Parking Sensors) with a market value of £25k. I'm an old(ish) git living in leafy Surrey with lots of no claim but the striking thing wasn't the actual numbers but the range of them.

I started with my current insurers (Admiral) and was looking at about £660 full comp with a £350 xcs, after shopping around AA etc I was still somewhere near £600 until I tried Privilege.

If I buy online at Privilege the premium falls to sub £400 with a £250 xcs and protected NCD! I'm currently ploughing through the policy conditions to find the catch but haven't found it yet. If this works my new Z will actually be saving me money compared to the old Alfa Spider I'm trading in......

This would probably be a good time to point out that I am in no way related to the above insurance company, I just thought I'd pass on the tip.

G :blush:

Yep, I'm with Privilege as well, although even though I'm now getting old and have 9yrs protected NCB..... its nowhere as cheap as yours. But thats the joys of the postcode etc...... :thumbdown:

This wont be of use to anyone.

30 yrs old, living in Dublin, €2100. Granted my nc is currently suspended while my insurance co sues the cops to get their money back from a collision in my Celica back in February but when its sorted it'll probably fall to €1300 to 1500.

Sucks living in Ireland sometimes.

Guy

Just done a quick head-to-head for Sainsbury's and Privilege and, for my circumstances, Privilege is 12% cheaper so that's where I'm off to. Let's hope I never need to take advantage of my cheap insurance!

Thanks to all for the advice.

GB)

One question on insurance:

Is it worth telling the insurance company that I have changed my plate to a private reg? :dry:

I think it would be prudent to, as otherwise your car reg no wont be on the National computer as being insured and you will end up getting pulled by the police at everyother lampost :p