Where can I get hi flow cats from?

rickya

1)Where can I get Hi flow cats in the UK at a reasonable price? I dont mind UK made ones (if they are good) or idealy US or Jap imported landed ones. e,g HKS/Kinetix etc.

2)If I get from the U.S. e.g Kinetix, what would be the total price inc. Shipping & duty?

Any advice appreciated. :thumbs:

Ricky

magnaflow have some, contact them!

Cheers mate, I have found this catalogue below (Pg 17) & they look really good & cheaper than kinetix, which I have been advised are working out at £250 shipped into UK.

http://www.fpuk.co.uk/magnaflow/images/new%20uk%20catalogue.pdf

In the magnaflow range I am unsure which is better & which ones they are refering to on the graph for cats. Either "High flow mirror finish convertors" or "Street Racer/Convertors" or is it the blemin race ones which are not road legal!

Also do you know how they might compare performance wise to Kinetix?

What sort of BHP increase will the high flow cats give??

Im also interested, could maybe do a group Buy???

I have a system on the car at the moment so as long as they are compatable £250 for the pair seems great...

Or am i being dull and they are £250each :headhurt:

I was thinking the same thing if enough people are interested, maybe a grp buy for Hi flow cats. I will ring magnaflow tmrw for prices. Not sure about exact prices for Kinetix due to shipping/duty etc. Magnaflow would be easier, quicker & maybe cheaper as in UK?

Not sure on bhp but would imagine anywhere from 5 to 8 bhp at least ??

Call me a donut but i have just been clicking through Ebay and have seen x2 high flow De-cat pipes for £100 and fully stainless.

I know these wont be Road Legal and will have to be replaced for the MOT but will these do the same thing?

I would prefer performance cats where the emissions are still Road Legal but the air is allowed to pass easier.

Call me a donut but i have just been clicking through Ebay and have seen x2 high flow De-cat pipes for £100 and fully stainless.

I know these wont be Road Legal and will have to be replaced for the MOT but will these do the same thing?

I would prefer performance cats where the emissions are still Road Legal but the air is allowed to pass easier.

These will effect the ECU Readings and put a Cel light on,

1000 quid fine if you're caught with decats on the road - and don't think the cops don't check - there was a blits on the B'ham M6 last year where they were pulling cars over and checking everything.

Pay the money, get a high flow cat, and be environmentally friendly... with that 3500cc 18mpg lump and beefy right foot ;) (not!)

Guest prescience

These will effect the ECU Readings and put a Cel light on,

This can be circumvented by various means, one of which is spark plug non-foulers ;)

HowTo: http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194001

Only recommended for the TT boys really

Bernmc, how would the cops check hi-flows vs decats w/out dropping the exhaust?

Just got a price today from Proven Products who I have used a few times:

Magnaflow High Flow Cats (Direct replacement ones, not the cheaper universal ones) made specefically for the 350z £500 for the pair!! :scare::scare::wacko:

It looks like the Kinetix High flow cats imported from the US at a total cost of £250 apprx looks like a better option. :thumbs: Have to get some more info.

kin hell, too expensive! did you ask Nemesis (same guys as Magnaflow UK who will give you a forum discount) ??? surely you cut at least a couple of middle men! tell them I sent you and see what price you can get! also mention the Kinetix pirce, they will have to work on that!