Removing driver door vent

rossm100

hey

I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the circular 3 fin ac door vents?

My driver side vent is broken ( i was told its common problem). The little plastic support that holds the 3 fins in place has snapped so i was hoping to pop the vent out and glue the support back in and replace the vent.

Im not sure if it just clips out from the front or you need to take off the door pannel and get to it from the back.

has anyone done this before?

• 1 month later...

Hey,

Just a quick reply to say i managed to replace the cicular door vent.

incase anyone has the same problem heres how i did it, it was quite easy to remove.

I just opened the door fully and went through the gap on the inside of the door. I used a phillips head screw driver to hold the screw in the centre of the vent in place and turned the vent its self counter clockwise from the outside and it just unscrews off.

Turned out to be really straight forward and luckily didnt need the door pannel to come off :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

A really easy way to fix what you have. Is remove the vent as above and if you have lost the plastic between the slats use black cable that just fits the holes and weave it through the slots with a knot at each end and hey presto working vent again

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the post here. Like other, I feared having to remove the door card so such a quick fix is groovy. One step closer to putting her up for sale and one step closer to a 370z roadster. :sweat:

• 1 month later...