the alpine is in...........!!

stuey

fitted today :yahoo: ............it plays mp3........ ipods........ cds.......... ind it changes display colour........... will probally wipe my bum too if i wanted it to...........!! :thumbs: ... its just plugged in using my bose amp n sounds groovey..........!! :yahoo:

fitted today :yahoo: ............it plays mp3........ ipods........ cds.......... ind it changes display colour........... will probally wipe my bum too if i wanted it to...........!! :thumbs: ... its just plugged in using my bose amp n sounds groovey..........!! :yahoo:

More info, I need more info!!! This sounds interesting. I've been under the impression with aftermarket systems it's all or nothing with the Z due to differences in amp's/speakers? How did you manage it?

no need to replace speakers........... if they are 2 ohm they can be rewired to 4 ohm......... :p

How are you going to rewire them to give 4 Ohm without loosing left and right channels?

OK, naievely/noobishly: Can't you just wire in extra 2 ohm resistors into the loop to each speaker?

no need to replace speakers........... if they are 2 ohm they can be rewired to 4 ohm......... :p

How are you going to rewire them to give 4 Ohm without loosing left and right channels?

OK, naievely/noobishly: Can't you just wire in extra 2 ohm resistors into the loop to each speaker?

Well yes you can but then you have to worry about the other feature of it. It might only be 2Ohm but its not the usual 0.25W resistor you would need. Have a quick look around for even just a 50W resistor :)

The cost of the resistor will not be far off the cost of speakers lol

• 1 month later...