Power after Uprev and decats

matth76

I've got a 2005 276bhp 350z. My current mods are Nismo cat back (including Nismo Y-pipe) and MD 5/16" plenum spacer and drop in panel filter. I'm having the Uprev remap in a couple of weeks. I've searched the threads on here but can't find a definitive answer to my question. Has anyone had an Uprev remap with similar basic bolt-on mods to mine on their 276bhp car and what kind of power increase can I expect to see after the Uprev? I've looked in the Uprev threads and can only find info relating to the 2006 rev-up model with these mods that had the Uprev, not the 276bhp model (I think there was only a stock 276 and one with a popcharger - but not plenum spacer, cat back and Y-pipe).

[edit] Thanks for any info.

ok this is about your third thread about basically the same thing,

why not ask the question on one of the other 2 threads that all contain the same info :doh:

or ask nicely and get the mods to combine them all for you ;)

not trying to be harsh, but you've been asking this question for weeks now.

its a kind of suck it and see job. you've got everything you want pre tune, so go and have the tune and see what you get.

just my 2p's worth ;)

Fitting fully de-cats will always give around 6/7 lb/ft and 6/7 bhp on top of a car tuned with UPREV with Stock cats. And sound great as well

We have used the new Motordyne resonated de-cats , these give real good mid range torque and no lose at the lower end of the power band.

I will post the price up on the Motordyne thread.

Mark

Rbiscuit, totally agree and can see how it may look like that regarding my decats part of my question. I have removed it and added it to one of my other posts, which related to cracking and rasp noise with decats / hfc). :)

Here I'm more concerned to know about the Uprev remap and how it will work with my car (real dyno figures). I've searched the Uprev threads as I didn't want to keep posting questions (quite a few pages) but couldn't find this info for a 276bhp car with similar basic mods (other than just a popcharger) that had had the Uprev.

There is no definitive answer to how much power you will gain as all cars will react differently, and all cars will have a different starting point. You have some good mods to use in conjunction with an Uprev tune so I wouldn't worry, whatever the result, it will give you an improvement right across the rev range. Using decats without a tune would lose you torque, but if you have the tuning adjusted to compensate you won't lose anything, in fact, quite the opposite :)

Fitting fully de-cats will always give around 6/7 lb/ft and 6/7 bhp on top of a car tuned with UPREV with Stock cats. And sound great as well

We have used the new Motordyne resonated de-cats , these give real good mid range torque and no lose at the lower end of the power band.

I will post the price up on the Motordyne thread.

Mark

Thanks for your replies guys. Mark, would the Uprev remove any loss low down experienced with conventional decats (ie not the new MD ones)? How does the remap gain the low down torque lost low down with normal decats, by altering the fuelling/timing?

How does the remap gain the low down torque lost low down with normal decats, by altering the fuelling/timing?

You can play with the cams as well as the fuel/ignition maps to try to get the best from the car after removing the cats. But we have never found or tuned a car that will have more torque low end without cats than with cats weather they are stock or high flow , but the new MD resonated cats do give the car a little more low end torque but make the motors DE/REV_UP give stonking mid range grunt.

I will get a set on a car with headers fitted DE motor very soon , I think we will see lovely fat midrange torque curves and a few more BHP top end as well. These seem to pull the max bhp rpm down as well which is good.