Meetup in Germany

ThomasSoerensen

Hi guys

Is there any interest in a meetup for us in Germany?

When the weather gets a bit better in a month or so I would like to meet the others from here who are in Europe.

I am not thinking anything too formal, maybe just a meetup at an open pit day at Hockenheim or at Nurburgring.

Is there any interest for this?

If we are to think of a place already then my view is that Nurburgring is closer to UK people but maybe a more challenging (with all the pros and cons that brings) course and Hockenheim is more in the centre of Germany (so further from UK) but it seems a track that is easier to adapt to and maybe less dangerous.

We can also meet somewhere else, I guess there is no need for a race track, but I think having something to do in addition to just chatting and polishing is more interesting.

What do you lot think?

Myself and a colleague from work including partners have arranged a European trip in August, which will start by landing in Rotterdam heading north for 2 days in Amsterdam, 2 days at the Nurburgring :drive1 , then heading south to Mont Blanc staying for 2 days then up the mountain take a few pics of the glacier and then head south through the tunnel, into Italy, back across the boarder via the Great St Bernard Pass, then off to Paris for 2 days and finally back up to Rotterdam for the boat back to Harwich. If there's any chance or arranging a meet at the Nurburgring for the 24th August 2010 that would be superb.

Just a thought? :#1:

Well, the ladies are part and parcel of the whole drive, they have no choice. We are only taking them to the glacier to check out something interesting. The rest of the drive is basically male orientated. Anyway the girls come in handy for cooking - as this is purely a camping trip to cut costs.

Well, the ladies are part and parcel of the whole drive, they have no choice. We are only taking them to the glacier to check out something interesting. The rest of the drive is basically male orientated. Anyway the girls come in handy for cooking - as this is purely a camping trip to cut costs.

Dont let your woman read that mate... B)

:lol: She'll boil your balls....

Good point - for the record we shall be shopping in various clothes and hand bag shops for the girls in the cities that we visit, with multi cultural restaurants and vivid nightlife!

That should keep them happy..... :D

Good point - for the record we shall be shopping in various clothes and hand bag shops for the girls in the cities that we visit, with multi cultural restaurants and vivid nightlife!

That should keep them happy..... :D

and your pocket empty B)

:lol:

Maybe we should get back on topic.

Regarding timing I see that Hockenheimring is open on June 28th which is a bit too late for my idea of the meetup.

The ring is open for touristenfahrten on these dates:

Feb: 20+21+27+28

March: 6+7+14+15+16+21+29+30+31

April: 2+3+4+5+6+11+18+21

I assume that the weather is a bit more reliably good from the middle of March.

Should we set a tentative date of Sunday March 21st and the place being the parking lot at the entrance to the Nurburgring NordSchleife?

Hi Thomas,

I'll be well up for this and to be honest I check the weather regularly so just jump in the car and go when its ok.

Also if other Germany residents just want to meet at a bar for a normal meet thats also good with me. I think there's a few on here now to warrant it being worthwhile.

Let me know mate, Rob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...