headlight washers button

elecious

was reading a thread the other day (which i cant find now) and i had no idea there was this button next to the traction control :blush: so today i thought i'd check it out, gave it a press and nothing happened, pressed it again and the button just fell back into the plastic surround so now i just have a big hole next to the traction control button :rant:

Is there an easy way to get it back out? And why didn't pressing the button do anything (i have a 56 UK GT spec Z)?

was reading a thread the other day (which i cant find now) and i had no idea there was this button next to the traction control :blush: so today i thought i'd check it out, gave it a press and nothing happened, pressed it again and the button just fell back into the plastic surround so now i just have a big hole next to the traction control button :rant:

Is there an easy way to get it back out? And why didn't pressing the button do anything (i have a 56 UK GT spec Z)?

make sure you have an ample supply of washer fluid and i think maybe the lights need to be on :)

that panel only has a couple of screws holding it on, take it off and pop the button back into place :thumbs:

make sure you have an ample supply of washer fluid and i think maybe the lights need to be on :)

that panel only has a couple of screws holding it on, take it off and pop the button back into place :thumbs:

Yup lights need to be on, I found that out the wet way :lol:

Yup lights need to be on, I found that out the wet way :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I don't think the lights have to be on when you press the lower button? just when you use the windscreen wash stick?

Pretty sure they do, AFAIK the headlight washers dont work at all without the lights on :)

I'll check

:blush: You are correct Ian

I don't think the lights have to be on when you press the lower button? just when you use the windscreen wash stick?

Pretty sure they do, AFAIK the headlight washers dont work at all without the lights on :)

I'll check

Did you get wet? :worthless::lol::lol:

I'll check

Did you get wet? :worthless::lol::lol:

No ...washer fluid level is down so no fluid was pumped out ...... just heard the pump go :lol:

The only button next to my traction control button is the fuel flap release. The other is a blanking plate.

Mine is a facelift like yours.

Isn't the headlight washer button only on the 03MY or am I missing something?

Edit: I'm an idiot it is next to the traction controle button. :doh:

I'll check

:thumbs:

Just checked it on mine (05 Roadster GT).

The button works even with the lights off.

Also sometimes when I do the windscreen wash, the headlight washer goes on as well (1 out of 5 times). Dunno why, maybe it is random?

edit: I read in a Lexus forum that the headlight washers are additionaly meant to go on every third windscreen wash when the Lights are on.