Tool Storage

AlexZ

Ok, not sure if this has been done before...I was thinking it would be nice to have a few more tools than the Nissan ones with the car. I like to have a play when things go worng and my friends sort of come to me aswell lol...I normally take my tool box in the back on a day to day basis. I thought with a couple of tools in the boot all the time I could get rid off the tool box. Most people have a ratchet set and screw drivers at there home, I picked a couple of the more common ones to carry.

I used some old sponge from my shed...there must be a better material out there but this is a stepping stone to perfection lol

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

What you guy's think...when you have it covered theres no rattles, plus you have kneeling pad lol..

Alex

Lol, yeh I know you have all your tools aswell then, but if some one brakes in you lose hundered in tools lol..I had one of my old cars broken into and they stole my tool bag, took me ages to replace all the tools...little things you dont think about until you relaise its gone...

Alex

There are loads of little kits etc out there...I also have a Leatherman multi tool in the glove box although I mainly use that for mountian biking. :teeth:

I carry the full range of spanner just incase a friend needs help and to make sure there all together lol...there built into a carrier so its no trouble. :thumbs:

Alex

Halfords Professional Tool Set - 120 piece I think currently reduced from £189.99 to £89.99. Got one during the week.

Excellent, time to go and forget my trade card again at the local Halfrauds ;):teeth:

Ratchet spanner set is down from £80 to £40 :teeth::teeth:

Yeh I got them cause they were half price and I know they do go back up in cost,,,just bare in mind the life time guarantee doesnt cover the moving parts only the steel spanner itself lol.. :rant:

Alex

Really? Have had a 3/8 ratchet and a ratchet spanner replaced cause the gearing had gone.

Emmm cool man, I asked the guy on the counter and it says it on the back of the packet...

You've done well mate lol

Alex

Most dont understand what they are on about there anyway!! If you have an issue its best to go in when they are busy and do it. I have heard of people having a brand new box set given to them when they first started with the gtee!

Even though I have a fair few halfords bits, have been trying to replace them with snap-on, britool or facom stuff off ebay. Right place and right time you can get some good bits :thumbs: not started trawling the boot sales yet though!

Think we need a "show us your tool collection / garage" thread !!