Sued for personal injury....... :@

Dene8

I had a minor prang mid January when i was using my mums car to get to work when we had all the snow......

My Mum's Focus took all the impact and no one was hurt, we exchanged details and the third party drove off to work without a mark on his car...................

A month later (today) i get a letter through the post stating that he's sueing me for : Personal Injury, Loss of earnings and special damages. WTF!!

I'm absoloutely gob smacked tbh, guess this is the sue culture we live in today where common decesncy and honesty have gone well and truly out the window!! :bang:

YES i was at fault for the accident and i was fully open to any repair bills etc if he'd contacted me directly, but to go through a no win no fee solicator seriously annoys me!!

As if i didn't pay enough insurance already............ :dry:

i was in a 6 car shunt 2 years ago, i was the front car, i stopped, the 6 cars behind didn't, my car needed minor cosmetic work, but the car was pretty undamaged. at the scene and when leaving i felt fine, but the whiplash i had got didn't show up until about 12 hours later, was getting headaches, stiff neck etc and it got really bad. ended up with 6 visits to the oesteopath. took some time off for it etc. only claimed for what i had to pay for.

sometimes things don't show up at the scene.

it may not be a money grabber

Dene..i am going thru exactly the same problem. Ran into the back of someone on Xmas eve..it was barely an impact. There was no damage to the third party's 4x4. He stopped his car all of a sudden when the red lights went green and the rear windscreen was heavily tinted. So there was no where else i could go and the impact was imminent. Being the person at the back, you are always at fault. He got out of the car and he looked fine to me and he said in the christmas spirit not to worry. Guess what found out he has put in a claim for personal injury to both him and his wife. His wife wasn't even in the car at that time. :rant::angry: My insurance company is dealing with this at the moment, don't think they have got very far. My insurance company said they tend to be at the losing end as you can't substantiate an injury claim. Talking about some people not having guilty conscience. Well what goes around comes around some day.

i was in a 6 car shunt 2 years ago, i was the front car, i stopped, the 6 cars behind didn't, my car needed minor cosmetic work, but the car was pretty undamaged. at the scene and when leaving i felt fine, but the whiplash i had got didn't show up until about 12 hours later, was getting headaches, stiff neck etc and it got really bad. ended up with 6 visits to the oesteopath. took some time off for it etc. only claimed for what i had to pay for.

sometimes things don't show up at the scene.

it may not be a money grabber

It was a 5mph collision/bump, no rear end action or anything........ completely understand what you're saying Rich with regards to injuries not being immediate though. If I genuinely believed he could of been injured from the accident I wouldn’t of started this thread.

All in the hands of the insurance now, be interesting to see exactly what he's claiming for.

Dene..i am going thru exactly the same problem. Ran into the back of someone on Xmas eve..it was barely an impact. There was no damage to the third party's 4x4. He stopped his car all of a sudden when the red lights went green and the rear windscreen was heavily tinted. So there was no where else i could go and the impact was imminent. Being the person at the back, you are always at fault. He got out of the car and he looked fine to me and he said in the christmas spirit not to worry. Guess what found out he has put in a claim for personal injury to both him and his wife. His wife wasn't even in the car at that time. :rant::angry: My insurance company is dealing with this at the moment, don't think they have got very far. My insurance company said they tend to be at the losing end as you can't substantiate an injury claim. Talking about some people not having guilty conscience. Well what goes around comes around some day.

True dat, I’m a firm believer in Karma :thumbs:

Perhaps I’m too honest, I doubt I’d even put a claim in even if I was slightly injured. I'm the kind of person who thinks accidents happen and just get on with things. :blush:

I truly think this fast becoming a minority attitude in this country, everyone is out to get whatever they can……. . :wacko:

Put it this way, they are not going to get much if they put in a claim for repair of their vehicle..u get at least 5grand from personal injury claim. Especially in our case, there is no damage to the third party vehicle, so the only other option to make quick cash is by falsifying claims for personal injury. My NISMO N1 bumper was only on for 3 weeks at that time..band spanking new. That did really pi**ed me off.

Not that it helps, but its a fact that due to the recession it has made people into money grabbers - its a pretty easy way to come into a fair chunk of cash. It could well be that it is genuine as well though, you just don't know (leave it with insurance, that's why you have it).

I had a bad crash years ago (car actually ended up upside down in a field after flipping over a hedge by swerving to avoid a rabbit); the whiplash and the pain didn't appear until I woke up the next day. I managed to climb out and felt fine physically at the time but I felt like a wooden board a few days after.

Not that it helps, but its a fact that due to the recession it has made people into money grabbers - its a pretty easy way to come into a fair chunk of cash. It could well be that it is genuine as well though, you just don't know (leave it with insurance, that's why you have it).

I had a bad crash years ago (car actually ended up upside down in a field after flipping over a hedge by swerving to avoid a rabbit); the whiplash and the pain didn't appear until I woke up the next day. I managed to climb out and felt fine physically at the time but I felt like a wooden board a few days after.

lesson learned,

don't swerve for animals ;)

i'll slow down if i can, if not, its a plow straight through them, less expensive in the long run