New windscreen today :)

Smudge

Well on Saturday a stone chip cracked the corner of my windscreen and it just got replaced today :-) I have to say I was almost in tears watching the repair guy ripping the panels off my car! Apparently the windscreen fit is really tight and hard to get to, to remove! He started in the engine bay and removed the windscreen wipers and the Plastic panels at the back on the bay. then he moved onto the side panels above the door! All in all took 3 HOURS to remove and fit the new one! He did a pretty good job and was interesting to watch but i was a wreck when he was pulling it apart :-(

Some pics:

Preping

IMG_0102.jpg

Panels off

IMG_0104.jpg

Window coming off

IMG_0107.jpg

No window :(

IMG_0112.jpg

Glue

IMG_0114.jpg

New window on

IMG_0116.jpg

I've also had a new screen fitted in mine. When I collected it there was a chip to close to the A pillar to repair....IIRC the side trim's along side the roof and screen are also screwed in so you should be fine with a couple of clip broken. Looks like a good clean job though and thats the main. :thumbs:

Alex

Some screens have location bracket to make sure there perfect. I dont think the Z has but if your paying a pro to do the swap you hope there good. :lol: I just made sure he knew it was my baby and there would be war if he made a mess or broke anything and didnt inform me. All you can do is have faith...when the chap cut mine out he informed me it wasn't the genuine screen and it wasnt bonded ay all across the bottom...You could see were the sealant hadnt made contact with the car shell :scare: , so I was better off having a new one fitted lol :#1:

Alex

thing that worries me, is that once its been off, it never quite fits the same as the original :surrender:

Jerry, what about your tyres, brakes :scare: , exhaust, plugs ect...

you know what i mean :lol:

Youre quite right, although the fit of those items is a little more assured as, brakes and tyres have bolts and threads that hold it as it was meant to be, whereas a windscreen requires a degree of skill, sealant, precision to hopefully ensure it fits snug and true.