High Bose or Low Bose?

dan112

Nissan are going to replace my head unit as all the buttons bar the load and eject have stoped working, but they say they dont know what unit to order, they say there not sure if its a high bose or a low bose :S i have no idea! can any one point me in the right direction as to what they mean? They are suposed to be sorting out my creaking rear suspension at the same time and this is holding it all up iv only had the car 3 months :rant:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Dan.

ok so i need to take the thing out! surely they should have done that when i took it 60miles to have them check it the first time lol. What is the diff between a high or low bose then? any way of telling by looking at it?

Sounds like you had a better after sale service than im getting, they said something about trying to possibly get a touch screen one instead but that sounds like they're sweet talking me to keep me happy lol, i expected more from a main nissan dealer.

Also they reckon that the creaking is sorted with some grease, but is that not just a temp fix? shouldnt they replace the drop links, my 3 month warranty runs out soon i dont want it to start creaking again in a few weeks then i have to pay for new drop links.

i love the car to bits just little niggles and bad service from nissan letting it down.

The creaking is very common. when I bought mine it was also making the noise. I just lubed mine with chain lube for my mountain bike and it hasnt made a noise since. If they replace them in time they will do the same...it's not the fact the damaged just dry. Lube is fine in my opinion.

Alex

i was quite happy with the bose, the sound quality i thought was realy good, well its gonna take 6 weeks to get one ordered in from japan so they said they were looking at a kenwood touchscreen one but they dont know if it will work, anyone know if aftermarket units work with the bose set up? as id like to keep it.

Thanks for all the replies