Car Without MOT, TAX and insurance

Demolition49

I have a car i need to get fixed up MOT'd and taxed. Now of-course i cant drive the car without insurance so that's fine, i will use temp insurance.

Now if i have booked up an MOT test and diagnostic on the car does this mean I can legally drive it without tax to the garage designated for repairs etc. (because its insured and booked for MOT?)

i think this is one of those "letter of the law" scenarios, where you probably legally are not allowed to, however if you were stopped then you might be able to prove it and get away with it.

However on the other hand you might not and all hell could break lose...car towed... you walking home...paying a fortune to get the car out of the compound etc...

So i guess ask yourself how much of a risk is it, do you drive past a police station on the way, if so think again....

From the direct.gov.uk website: ;)

Driving an untaxed vehicle to an MOT test

You can drive your vehicle to and from a pre-arranged test at an MOT test station as long as you have adequate insurance cover in place for the use of that vehicle.

This is also for vehicles being driven to and from a pre-arranged test at a Vehicle Inspection Check (VIC) test station, an approved weight testing station and reduced pollution test.