shopping list

bodyboarder

I'll be going to Abbey motorsports, only place in the south that does the standard ECU uprev retune. and probably one of the best places.

costs about £350 for a remap, will see gains on standard but the better gains are only got from extra mods.

here is what i have:

- Invidia True Dual Exhaust

- Kinetix High Flow Cats

- K&N typhoon Cold air induction kit

- Carbonised Carbon plenum (waiting to fit)

- Rifled Throttle spacer (waiting to fit)

hoping if i get the plenum next week i can go down to abbey the following week and get it all tuned in

In your opinion would it be worth getting all the above bar the exhaust and having a remap. I really dont want to get an exhaust , but will this hinder the hp ? Whats the cost involved in the ind kit, plenum and throttle spacers inc fitting? just trying to get an idea of how much dosh i need ! Thanks again for your help :thumbs:

In your opinion would it be worth getting all the above bar the exhaust and having a remap. I really dont want to get an exhaust , but will this hinder the hp ? Whats the cost involved in the ind kit, plenum and throttle spacers inc fitting? just trying to get an idea of how much dosh i need ! Thanks again for your help :thumbs:

to be honest i think the throttle spacer will just be engine jewellery, but i bought it knowing that in advance

induction kits are around £100 and upwards, cheapest but a good buy is the JWT, lots of people use it, but its not full enclosed, so its more a noise mod than a performance mod. if you want performance, then apparently an 06+ airbox with a decent panel filter will be better. mine has its own airbox, but will see how it does in a couple of weeks hopefully. it also has an air feed from the front grille. anything like the typhoon is about £230

exhausts aren't a bad mod, and alot of people do it as a stainless system lasts longer, the OEM rots out after about 3-5 years.

if its the noise that worries you, there are some good systems that aren't too intrusive and look very close to OEM like the scorpion and the K2, both around £350 mark

my setup if bought from new:

- Invidia True Dual Exhaust: £900-£1000

- Kinetix High Flow Cats £350 ish i think

- K&N typhoon Cold air induction kit :£235

- Carbonised Carbon plenum (waiting to fit) £250

- Rifled Throttle spacer (waiting to fit) £70 i think

abbey remap £350

could get

- scorpion exhaust £350

- JWT pop charger £110

- Plenum Spacer £100

remap from abbey £350

de cats are an option, if you went the route above, and the scorpion, i'd also look at some decat pipes £90 and a XYZ pipe from abbey with a sport cat in it for passing mot's, don't know prices on that.

fakeindian has done alot of these and will give you an idea.

but basics of it is more air in and out, the more performance you can squeeze out. not a direct science, and a bit more to it. but you get the idea. the more you do or don't do will affect the overal outcome.

The Scorpion exhaust is becoming a big favourite on here since Japspeed let people down on the K2...

If you pm CS he can supply and fit for you, I recommend CS and the Scorpion very highly. You will notice the difference when fitted

+1 I noticed Improvment in peformance within the first week of it being on, it just pulls so much better. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...