HELP!, with incartec steering wheel adaptor

jasonlycett

Hi All

Purchased all the kit from sexton's as recommended in the other threads to fit a new JVC double din unit. Very dissapointed with the quality of the fascia plate as the gaps are huge and it just doesnt look right to eyes.

Anyway i have more of an issue with the adaptor, the instructions are a bloody joke to be honest. It doesnt make clear whether im supposed to splice some wires together into the 16 pin adaptor, or remove the old ones and fit these. In addition it says there are t-tap connectors included ?. firstly , there are no connectors of any sort included in the pack, secondly, i located the 16 pin connector and found it has far more wires going into it than shown on the instructions (shown below). Am i supposed to remove the wires , fit some sort of connector pin and refit, or am i supposed to remove them and splice together with the new white grey and purple wires coming from the adaptor and shown in the pic?

To make things more confusing the colour of the wires on my UK spec car are different to the colours belonging to the 16 pin connector in the instructions!

post-5633-135011872358_thumb.jpg

post-5633-135011872358_thumb.jpg

Any help would be appreciated!

ok ignore the colours on the car half and just go for the locations of the wires. youl need some wire taps whihc may or may not be included the looklike a little clasp that goes around the wire to tap and the other one goes in the end.

if youve got gaps ot the facia have you got the right one ?

my double dine plate was way too itght and even after cutting some back the unit wont flip (dont need it to luckily).

the wire tap is alittle fidly and you may need to pull back some of the bundling on the loom but its not that hard .

If I remember right from when I did mine the colour map on the instructions wasn't 100% accurate, however the locations of wires A, B & C in the illustration were correct so I simply connected the incartec wires to the colour combinations that were correct and used the illustration to figure out where the last one was supposed to go.

This is one of the annoyances of the recent ICT looms as they used to be complete with all the plugs. Unfortunately they can no longer get the plugs so its a DIY job (that said no worse than the other looms out there)

I've updated my thread with the colours to connect up

Here's a few more pictures which should hopefully make it clearer:

Locate the three wires and cut them from the loom. Cover the unused ends with heatshrink.

post-4056-135011872548_thumb.jpg

Unwrap the three cables from the loom

post-4056-135011872471_thumb.jpg

Solder the three wires to the ITC loom

white - red & green

purple - yellow & green

grey - orange & silver

post-4056-13501187256_thumb.jpg

nice to see you got i all sorted in the end , did you have any issues wiht the screen folding ??

i had to trim the top of my adaptor plate back to get mine to work and its till very tight so will ahve to take it out and trim some more at some point.

:thumbdown: mine still dosent work....put it down to a faulty unit. :headhurt:

What setup have you got there. Have you definitely got the right adapter for your headunit?

For instance, I know the sextons direct web site says for the Pioneer to use 29-007 however the correct one is actually the 29-020. I'm sure you have alll the right bits but just in case?

:thumbdown: mine still dosent work....put it down to a faulty unit. :headhurt:

What setup have you got there. Have you definitely got the right adapter for your headunit?

For instance, I know the sextons direct web site says for the Pioneer to use 29-007 however the correct one is actually the 29-020. I'm sure you have alll the right bits but just in case?

fitting a sony headunit.....believe i ve got all the right bits.i ll check again at the weekend :blush:

I have the same issue as buster...I wired everything up correctly and still nothing :(

Just looking back at my order..I brought the ICT 29-007 - Pioneer head-unit lead however if your suggesting it should be 29-020 then ill order one of those! I did buy this is august though so chances of a refund or replacement are pretty unlikley :(

still doesnt work.......is there a fuse somewhere that control that side on the steering wheel.cruise control works but tested with a test light but nowt seems to be powered when using the buttons on the steering wheel for the stereo controls.i have power and a good earth to the control box but no power from the cars loom.i am at a loss....help please. :bang:

When I had trouble with my adaptor i rang incartec (who make them) directly, they were absolutely brilliant and know exactly what you'll need. At the time my Pioneer headunit had only just come onto the market so I sent them the loom and the headunit and they tweeked their software to make it work, said there was a bug in the old loom.

Might be worth a call?