Change of transmission?

haylabamba

Popped into my local dealer last weekend to take a look at the new roadster (great improvement imho!). I was told that Nissan are no longer supplying cars with the "flappy paddle" and semi auto box having decided "people didn't want a non-manual sports car"!!

Has anyone else heard this? I couldn't find any mention of it on the forum. I was considering buying a used 09 plate 370Z in white from my dealer but not sure if there is either

a. A problem they have discovered, or

b. It is likely to become difficult in terms of re-sale.

Thats completely untrue as far as I am aware. Uptake of the 7AT model is about 30% of the 370z sales and even more in the States, so I cant see them dropping it any time soon. I will confirm with my contact at NMGB and let you know for sure. the 2010 brochure certainly has the 7AT listed for all models except the base (non GT car). Maybe hes confused with the fact that you cant get it on a base model, it has to be GT?

Out of interest which dealer was it?

EDIT: Also dont worry about finding problems etc, the same box has been used in the G37 and 370z in the States and Japan for a while now and no reports of major problems.