UpRev Tuning

introspect

Had my ECU tuned at RS Tuning last Friday and I have to say I'm very pleased with the result. Also had the MREV2 and spacer fitted that I bought from Bennett (thanks mate :thumbs: ).

All I can say is wow! The car now feels so much more alert and eager to get going. Throttle response is sharper, it's like a new car now! I've gained about 30 ft lbs of torque in the mid range which does make a big difference. It just pulls like a train now :teeth:

I'd probably gain a bit more with some high flow cats and an aftermarket Y-pipe, but that will have to wait a while. For now I'm more than pleased with the result.

To anyone thinking whether or not to get an UpRev tune, just do it. It's by far the best mod you can do on a zed. In terms of bang for buck, it's the value out there :)

Big thanks to the guys at RS Tuning, top lads and a highly recommended service.

Graphs?

Haven't got access to a scanner at the moment but I'm running at about 292 bhp I think (don't have the graph in front of me at the moment, at work).

To be honest the figures aren't that important to me, I just know it feels much better now!

Nice numbers :)

What year car do you have?

Graphs would be good to look at, if you got both the hub and the estimated bhp ones would be interested to see :thumbs:

Graphs?

Haven't got access to a scanner at the moment but I'm running at about 292 bhp I think (don't have the graph in front of me at the moment, at work).

To be honest the figures aren't that important to me, I just know it feels much better now!

Do you know what power you made at the wheels?

Graphs?

At the wheels it's 242.4 bhp, but that's not really the important bit. You're never going to gain massive amounts of top end power unless you go FI. The important bit is gaining more bhp and torque lower down, that makes all the difference!

Graphs?

At the wheels it's 242.4 bhp, but that's not really the important bit. You're never going to gain massive amounts of top end power unless you go FI. The important bit is gaining more bhp and torque lower down, that makes all the difference!

You got your maps? Would be good to see what you made under the graph? Interseted in how your mrev has functioned before and after. Did you dyno before mrev?

Here you go :D

wheels.jpg

fly.jpg

To be hones I was a little disappointed when they did the initial run as I was expecting more from the stock engine, but hey :wacko:

As you can see, the stock intake was better pre tuning than my after market intake. Adding the MREV2 and spacer gained me a fair chunk in the mid range, at the expense of some top end power. After the remap the top end was regained and also got more right across the graph.

I'm really happy with how it feels now, just pulls so much better in every gear. Much more power available down low now and it also runs much smoother in low revs. I could gain more with a Y-pipe and some high flow cats, but that will have to wait for a bit :)