The problems with our legal system - UPDATE

Emperor Ming

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching car wars last night. There was a chap from warrington who got pulled in his Citreon AX. It had a mot disc which was from a leyland truck, no insurance, the boot was held on with string and the driver had no licence.

Thankfully the police nicked him, but what I don't understand is why the courts gave him * point on his license and a tiny fine.

What is the point of giving somebody points on his license when he hasn't got one. Hardly a deterrent, and it wasn't the first time the guy had been pulled either.

I just wish the legal system could back up the police at times

Unless they proved the Tax disc was stolen then none of the offences carry imprisonment so that is one option out of the way. The guy obviously didn't have a job so a half ways decent fine would not get paid and the Criminal Justice System would spend thousands trying to get what 'aint there to get in the first place and eventually give up. (they do you know ;) )

They could have disqualified him, which personally I think they should have, but sentencing guidelines say no insurance should be 6 points so unless he has current points on his licence that was all he was going to get for that.

Dangerouis parts is usually a fixed penalty but the No Insurance is more serious so that takes precedence and no additional penalty would be issued for the dodgy boot. :scare:

My ideal would be the dodgy car taken off and crushed, or better still the good parts recycled and then crushed. The offenders licence taken from him for 12 months and a promise of 6 months in the clink if he is caught driving whilst banned. He should then be fined several hundred pounds so that the gravity of the offence is brought home to him. (If you don't think it is serious how would you feel if this little sh*t ran into you Zed or worse injured one of your family??)

Even now Magistrates and district Judges still treat motoring matters with a wide range of punishments. Our DJ's daughter was badly injured by a drink driver so woe betide ANY drink related offender infront of him as they all get banned and many get jailed if circumstances permit!!

Druggie shoplifters however get loads of 'CHANCES' to get it right before they eventually go to jail.

I have a fail proof method of sentencing that should I ever be in a position of power I would administer immediately.

Ming the considered

Put that link up and the private plate wouldn't go amiss ;)

On the other side

normal_police.jpg

What a fuc*ing great story :yahoo:

I would love to have seen the look on the burglars face and the reddening of the Sgt or Inspector at the scene when they realised that they had been duped.

Good on him I say.

Ming the Impressed

Hi guys

A quick update.

I kicked and screamed and fell out with the CPS and after we both picked him out on an ID parade - like that wasn't going to happen - they begrudgingly agreed to charge him.

He stated he would plead NOT GUILTY but on his first appearance at court yesterday he pleaded.

His ban was three weeks of completed but they banned him for another 15 months :teeth: , gave him three months in Jail :teeth: , suspended for 12 months :teeth: and probation. :teeth:

He He He He He He He He He He He

I can't wait to see the CPS guy, a friend of mine I might add, who said that we didn't stand a chance without some other evidence.

Guess he owes me a couple of pints!!!!!!!!!!!

Ming the Happy.

PS I have spent two whole days upsetting our Itinerant Tinker traveller friends and will post up what and how later.

Its a good laugh!

Guest prescience

Ming,

I heard of a situation recently where a guy was going to court on a Road Traffic offence and was planning to plead NG now and then if could not work out a valid defence was going to plead G on the day itself - how dim a view or otherwise does a Court take of that?

Ming,

I heard of a situation recently where a guy was going to court on a Road Traffic offence and was planning to plead NG now and then if could not work out a valid defence was going to plead G on the day itself - how dim a view or otherwise does a Court take of that?

Everyone is entitled to their day out in court but if it gets to a trial and then he pleads guilty then the sentence will go up a chunk - fine - the points usually stay the same though.

If he hasn't thought of an excuse, alibi, reason, load of bollox by now then he ought to be pleading guilty ;)

Crown court it is lots different and an early guilty plea can make quite a big difference to the final sentence.

ming the useful