Refuse your annual renewal quote

andyvvc

Just got the annual renewal from Flux. I went with them last year after A Plan put their premiums up year-on-year and (despite being with them for 4 years) wouldnt go lower than 600 quid. Flux insured me for 530 last year, Now they want almost 600 quid....

... so i called them. They refused to budge.

So i called A Plan and got a 'new' quote of 530ish (less than my renewal last year - how does that work i wonder?)

I called Flux back to tell them to bogoff, only to be told they would match the quote. No dice I said, you need to make it worth my while after all this phone aggro..

...so Flux dropped the price to 499 fully comp, protected no claims etc etc !

And the lesson from all this: Insurance companies would rather rip-off existing customers and offer 'new' customers a better deal. Shop around people, it's worth a few calls ! :teeth:

EDIT - for what it's worth, both A-Plan and Adrian Flux have recieved nothing but praise from people who have had to make claims. Both really good insurers...but a shame that it needs the customer to make the effort to get prices dropped :wacko:

It's called introductory discount. they get your business by undercutting your present renewal and then jack it back up a year later in the hope that you can't be arsed to shop around :angry: .

Yup, they all do it, although every company I've ever had any insurance with have immediately honoured the new quote if you go online and sign up again as a new customer. Always shop around, and at the least get a quote as a new customer with your current insurer. Last year with Admiral, I got the usual renewal letter, did an online quote, called them up and the very helpful chap then said he could do better and knocked me another £75 off. I was absolutely amazed :scare:

Will be trying Chris Knott this time around too now the missus is 25 :yahoo:

It's called introductory discount. they get your business by undercutting your present renewal and then jack it back up a year later in the hope that you can't be arsed to shop around :angry: .

Yup, they all do it, although every company I've ever had any insurance with have immediately honoured the new quote if you go online and sign up again as a new customer. Always shop around, and at the least get a quote as a new customer with your current insurer. Last year with Admiral, I got the usual renewal letter, did an online quote, called them up and the very helpful chap then said he could do better and knocked me another £75 off. I was absolutely amazed :scare:

Will be trying Chris Knott this time around too now the missus is 25 :yahoo:

Yep, same here. Just got a renewal with Admiral today which I was amazed to see was almost £200 more than the quote I can get when I go through the process as a new customer. Needless to say I will be phoning them with the new quote to make sure that's what I get...AT LEAST. :rant:

Just got a renewal with Admiral today which I was amazed to see was almost £200 more than the quote I can get when I go through the process as a new customer. Needless to say I will be phoning them with the new quote to make sure that's what I get...AT LEAST. :rant:

To be fair to them (done it 4 times now with Admiral/Elephant), they normally see you have done a new quote and honour it straight up without any prompt. Push for free extras like breakdown if you dont already have them, they can normally bolt them on for free ;)

Just got a renewal with Admiral today which I was amazed to see was almost £200 more than the quote I can get when I go through the process as a new customer. Needless to say I will be phoning them with the new quote to make sure that's what I get...AT LEAST. :rant:

To be fair to them (done it 4 times now with Admiral/Elephant), they normally see you have done a new quote and honour it straight up without any prompt. Push for free extras like breakdown if you dont already have them, they can normally bolt them on for free ;)

I have been with bell now for 3 years and they keep giving me ridiculous renewal quotes (ie this year was £1300) so i just go on to their website, re-quote myself (comes in at £600) and they instantly honour the new price...funny how they just sit back and expect you to pay the massive renewal eh? :lol: