Exhaust advice required from the Z guru's please.

davetstan

Hi guys,

I know I havn't been on in a while, so to all those that remember my ugly mug, hello!!!!! namely big Mikey, Beavis, Digsys diner etc...

I would like some advice re a new exhaust please chaps, if you can spare a minute. Mine has a hole in, just to the rear of the flange. (is that really a word!) that connects to the back box. The car is 6 years old now so rather than getting it fixed, only for another section to go in a month, I was looking to get a new system from the cats back.

As usual with these things, its come at the worst time. Just lobbed out 600 of the folding kind on some new tyres, and bought an engagement ring for her indoors....

I have had a couple of quotes around the 550 mark, and seen a couple of systems on ebay, but got nobody who could fit it. I like the look of the Milltek but can't stretch that far.....

Anyone know of a good system thats value for money and looks and sounds the bizzo???? in or around the Stockport, Manchester area that gives good service.

Thanks

Dave

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave, stranger

Yep common issue with age on the OEM exhaust. You could pm CS for exhaust options K2, K1 or scorpion. Think he can fit to. You could get a custom made one. There is a company in Macclesfield which is close by. There is a thread on it.

Good to see you again

Hi Mike,

Hows it going? Still got the blue beast?

Funnily enough, JP Exhausts is one of the 2 places I visited and they looked ok. Just booked up for a month or so. The other was Top Gear in Bredbury which is run by kids so won't be going there.

Will see if any other suggestions pop up, if not I will book it in with them.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Mike,

Hows it going? Still got the blue beast?

Funnily enough, JP Exhausts is one of the 2 places I visited and they looked ok. Just booked up for a month or so. The other was Top Gear in Bredbury which is run by kids so won't be going there.

Will see if any other suggestions pop up, if not I will book it in with them.

Thanks

Dave

yep, still got it, although its tucked away at the mo. Still gives me plenty of fun :teeth:

I had exactly the same problem last week. Bought a Japspeed K1 from Dan for a very reasonable price (cheaper than any you have mentioned in your post). He also does the K2 which looks and sounds more OEM if K1 is too noisy (check the k1 vs k2 thread in exhausts section). I fitted it myself, took 2 hours to remove the old and replace the new and i'm not particularly technical!! Its just a case of removing some nuts and supports and remembering how it goes back together again.