When you need to add air to the tyres

Ebized

Decided to check my tyres pressures today after a quick top-up using a machine at a filling station on Sunday. Needless to say the pressures were down on the 35psi they should be.

So, I tried the electric pump supplied with the car (as we don't get a spare wheel and get the pump and tyre sealant instead) and it worked at treat.

Pressures should only be checked when tyres are cold. So having a pump on board means it is easily checked at home - a bonus as how many times have you found the filling station pumps not working :dry:

The socket lead is long enough for the pump to easily reach all 4 wheels from the socket in the glove box.

35psi = 2.4 bar - as that is the measure used on the pump guage.

The pump was as powerful as most you find at filling stations (and no need to set the desired pressure) so it took less than a minute or so to do each tyre (bringing each tyre up from 31.5 psi to 35)

I let the pump run until it read 2.5 bar on the guage as I then found on unscrewing the pump lead, meant losing a little air in the process, and on my own guage that I trust gave me the 35psi.

Quite impressed :thumbs:

The only very minor downside was getting the supply cables wound up small enough to get them both back in the compartment on the pump :lol:

The only very minor downside was getting the supply cables wound up small enough to get them both back in the compartment on the pump :lol:

when that guy designs the cable into that minuscule space in CAD he doesnt think someone will have to do it in the rain with cold fingers :lol:

Had something similar in the RX8 Colin - I did buy the optional spare tyre though - wish I had kept the pump it was one of the teeniest and powerful I had ever seen - just have aftermarket ones in the fleet - they are great but best to double check with a digital gauge to be spot on especially with performance tyres - you want them right dont you :thumbs:

(Oh the 300C has inbuilt tyre pressure guages - posh doncha know! :lol::doh: )

So when are we going to see more action shots of the beast btw? :snack:

(Oh the 300C has inbuilt tyre pressure gauges - posh doncha know! :lol::doh: )

So when are we going to see more action shots of the beast btw? :snack:

That would be more posh than the 350's in the US with the tyre pressure sensors. Kind of lazy, but handy I suppose.