colour change

lifesgood

If you're re-doing the whole car I strongly suggest you ask a pro for some samples:

dsc02125.jpg

They'll show you the exact finish. As mentioned, go for something entirely different (that doesnt mean others will be put off by buying it in the future) - a different shade for example. If you choose sparkly gold for example, then obviously you're a nut and no one except a Premiership footballer will have the same taste as you. :yuck:

As you know colours can vary drastically - white on one car isn't the same as it is on another. Some have speckly bits on it, others are more matt look, others have a slight flip / tint to them.

Loads of options for you to choose from. DON'T just hand it over and say "I want it white" - when you could have it a certain white that gives it that wow factor. B)

Expect it to cost a fair bit though (£3k-£4k) for a full respray.

got a fella to do it on the cheap as owes me a favour ;)

Hmmm...just make sure he does a good job. :)

It doesn't even have to be one colour - i've seen cars that slightly shade into a deeper colour if you get really fancy (although this is probably more suitable for show cars). Depends what you're after and what your budget is. The really fancy stuff will require someone with good skills.

seen his work and its good but as sarnie said i'm worried its a bit last year

Find a colour you like - forget about other people. Its not a T-Shirt and its your car. :p

Have a look at some other cars out on the street. As said white has been done to death by German cars but there are so many whites to choose from I doubt you'll ever be classed as "out of date". If you pick one that you like and it suits the car then go for it.

What about candy apple red?

KBC11_BC25.jpg

This with a set of black alloys will look hot. B)

seen his work and its good but as sarnie said i'm worried its a bit last year

Find a colour you like - forget about other people. Its not a T-Shirt and its your car. :p

Have a look at some other cars out on the street. As said white has been done to death by German cars but there are so many whites to choose from I doubt you'll ever be classed as "out of date". If you pick one that you like and it suits the car then go for it.

What about candy apple red?

KBC11_BC25.jpg

This with a set of black alloys will look hot. B)

hahahaha i was going to say that but then thought better of it as jay would kill me for saying it. hes been wanting his done candy apple for ages :lol;

missis likes that red candy, whats that orange seconde from top left in pick

Haven't a clue i'm afraid. Bold bright colours are often used by Lambo's - try googling their colours if you want a more shocking appearance. Murcielago orange is the same as Focus ST orange apparently.

This lambo white has another layer underneith (pinky gold layer - very thin I think), so when the sun hits it the extra sparkle come through; Thats why it looks better than your normal German car white and has that 'wow' factor.

shaun-whites-lambo.jpg

Maybe you should ask what style you'd like the zed to be in if your planning on modding it? Mods probably allow you to go a bit more extreme with colours, whereas a standard car would look a little silly.

Depends what you want to do and what your long term plans are... :thumbs:

dont want 2 to go far on the mods got to admit i like the standard look {wait for abuse lol}

Nothing wrong with that. Zed is a zed. :)

Not modding also saves you lots of £££ (trust me)!

It's when people stick ironing boards on the back of them that people think :headhurt::yuck:

Example:

rice350.jpg

People with this mindset shouldn't be allowed near a car. They should be trained on push bikes first and then work their way up.

dont want 2 to go far on the mods got to admit i like the standard look {wait for abuse lol}

You won't get any abuse from me ... one of the reasons I bought the Z was because it is a COMPLETE car fresh from the maunufacturers ... no need for mods unless of course you want to :)