Navara / L200 or similar work vehicle

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

They are uncomfy and not particularly safe......

I'd have either though! :lol:

What you carrying with it? My old boy looked at buying a couple of these but the money was huge for the actual carrying capacity of it. He reckoned the cost was too high to justify for what the company uses vans for.

I currently drive a '56 Ford Ranger Thunder 2.5L and am waiting for my Wildtrak 3.0L one to come into the country, and I'd still take a Ranger over either of those. Pound for pound you get far better equipment in the Ford than you do in either of those which is why I decided to get another one. The same applied three years ago when I bought the Thunder, so things haven't really changed too much!

The L200 is the better looker by far, but then if it's for work it really doesn't matter that much. The Hi-Lux is the other one to choose, and for reliability I'd choose that over either the Mitsi or the Nissan.

What you carrying with it?

Not a great deal to be honest, engineering parts without being too specific. We have a Transit dropside van for larger stuff but we also have a little van for going out on site for inspections which is what I was going to replace with something like this....

I currently drive a '56 Ford Ranger Thunder 2.5L and am waiting for my Wildtrak 3.0L one to come into the country, and I'd still take a Ranger over either of those. Pound for pound you get far better equipment in the Ford than you do in either of those which is why I decided to get another one. The same applied three years ago when I bought the Thunder, so things haven't really changed too much!

The L200 is the better looker by far, but then if it's for work it really doesn't matter that much. The Hi-Lux is the other one to choose, and for reliability I'd choose that over either the Mitsi or the Nissan.

Nice insight, cheers Dan... I will look into the Ranger I reckon :thumbs:

My younger (19) brother has a Navara D40 KingCab Outlaw and loves it - its been been brilliant in the snow and is actually a very nice truck to drive - far more refined and less agricultural than the L200 and Ranger + a fair bit faster than both too! (quicker than the l200 with RalliArt performance upgrade)

I would go fo the Navara all day long on this even if just for looks (Have you seen a white L200 - Storm troper, Nuff Said!)

this is it:

P1000165.jpg

and one more with my Z in too.

P1000160.jpg

Jak

Have you seen a white L200 - Storm troper, Nuff Said!

My mate pointed this one out to me the other day. Remove the bullbars and it's a cool looking truck! Love the wheel/tyre combo!

1386667-1.jpg

Maybe they'd look better on a Navara though which is my favourite style wise.

I would get the Navara - do you need a pickup especially? If not get the Pathfinder - which is the same as the Navara but with a roof. Rock solid build, bullet proof engine, goes on forever! I loved my Pathfinder but check the servicing on the Navara - its 18K miles on the Pathfinder but I think its a lot less on the Navara and the backend can swing out easily (no weight on axle when empty obviously!)

The L200 looks a bit weedy to me but probably a good vehicle?

My younger (19) brother has a Navara D40 KingCab Outlaw and loves it - its been been brilliant in the snow and is actually a very nice truck to drive - far more refined and less agricultural than the L200 and Ranger + a fair bit faster than both too! (quicker than the l200 with RalliArt performance upgrade)

I would go fo the Navara all day long on this even if just for looks (Have you seen a white L200 - Storm troper, Nuff Said!)

this is it:

P1000165.jpg

and one more with my Z in too.

P1000160.jpg

When I was 19 I owned a £250 Ford Fiesta.

-Can't be bad.

As for a pick-up , I'd buy the Hi-Lux, better by far all day long. The Mitsubishi looks like a jumble of different parts, and the Navara has problems with it's electronic 4X4.

Jak