New Exhaust Ordered

prometheus

Hey guys after having my OEM exhaust welded about a year ago due to the joint between the back box and centre pipe breaking, it's started to blow again, instead of just getting it welded again I just bit the bullet and ordered a Blueflame CatBack system. They look nice and also sound nice, but when I ordered it I was told that they have done away with the silencer in the mid pipe as the exhaust was too quiet....I'm soo not after a loud system.

Anyway I will hopefully post pictures and sound clip when it's fitted next week.

Pro

From experience the Mid pipe on a 350z does make quite a big difference. Am running an unsilenced midpipe on mine at the moment..

Scorpian as stock isnt that loud so not having it may give a nice ammout of noise :)

+1

Makes a huge difference to the sound B)

I got my Blueflame exhaust fitted last week that I bought from a member on here. It was brand new and they hadn't got around to fitting before deciding to sell the Z. They must have bought it a few months back as mine has the silencer in the mid pipe.

I'm not that surprised that they decided to remove the mid pipe silencer, the exhaust really isn't that much louder than stock. It's adds a bit more bass below 3000rpm and screams a bit more above that but the engine is still the main source of noise. I'd say it's how the 350Z should have sounded from the factory as it's sportier but even the most picky of people could live with it.

I think personally that the mid pipe silencer should be an option as I'd imagine that some people will find it to be ideal with that in place, especially if they plan to pair it with some HFCs or a decat pipe. There's plenty of other options out there if people want screaming loud.

I didn't want anything really noisy or that would drone on the motorway but for me personally it is a tad too quiet. So I'm using it as an excuse to get a couple of Ultimate Racing ceramic high flow cats from Adam at Z1 Auto! ;) If it's still not how I want it after that then I might speak to Blueflame about getting my mid pipe swapped to see how that changes things.

RobD7 the Blueflame worked out at £495 + £40 fitting, they advertise it on their website for £595 but the official stockist done it for £495, i'm not complaining :D

It only arrived today with the guy and he can't fit it till next wednesday :rant: I want it fitted NOW!

When you say the stockist, who would that be (pm me if you want) and is this a full cat back including y pipe delivered - if so thats a great price, I was thinking of the japspeed y with the scorpion but now I dont know what to do - decisions, decisions. :surrender:

janz70, The official stockist is a local guy based here in Northern Ireland, they are on the blueflame website, AI Autosport. Thought it was a good price myself.

Actually during my looking about for prices I went to another local retailer but not an official stockist, he called blueflame while I was there and he quoted me £560, when I told him of my other price I don't think he believed me but 20mins after I left he called me up and said he was talking to blueflame again and he could get me the exhaust for £495 delivered! So they must be willing to deal, he also said that they haddn't put the VAT increase back on their price, but that still wouldn't drop it to £495.

It is the full cat back system including the Y pipe, well it better be as that is whats on their website, I will find out wednesday when I get it fitted.

Also might ask they guy to stick it on the rollers as a matter of interest.

I'll let you guys know how I get on.

• 2 weeks later...
after having my OEM exhaust welded about a year ago due to the joint between the back box and centre pipe breaking, it's started to blow again

Same exact thing has happened to me.

Had the gasket seal corrode about 6 months ago and got my garage to weld the joint. Now its developed a slight blow from the other side of the gasket as well as the orignal welding spot so I'm having to replace the box + the centre pipe.

Just this minute bought a Scorpion exhaust for £315. Just hoping the lack of a silencer in the mid-pipe isn't going to make the noise level to high - im no boy racer :p

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the blue flame without the mid box on mine and not too loud, nice burrble on idle and 1st -3rd wow.

i do have an issue with new exhaust or it may be something else, burning smell in the car! gooten worse this week starts after about 10 mins, i thought it could be the exhast