Fuel Line Connection Advice

nurrish

connection on inside is connected to a black flexi hose that comes from the passenger side of the fuel tank.

Only 1 pipe outside the tank that needs fitting.

I dont think the pipe inside would fit on the feed pipe 1,the inner pipe is much smaller and 2,it,s not long enough 3, it will get crushed when you bolt the pump back down. :bangin:

hope that helps you must be getting near to run the old girl!!!!!! :clap:

connection on inside is connected to a black flexi hose that comes from the passenger side of the fuel tank.

Only 1 pipe outside the tank that needs fitting.

I dont think the pipe inside would fit on the feed pipe 1,the inner pipe is much smaller and 2,it,s not long enough 3, it will get crushed when you bolt the pump back down. :bangin:

hope that helps you must be getting near to run the old girl!!!!!! :clap:

Thank you :yahoo:

Yup nearly ready to be fired up :yahoo:

The reason why i asked this is because i am looking to run a new fuel line to get rid of the connection between where the new fuel line meets the stock line....i am not 100% on the join :scare:

I have been looking at steel braided lines....what would you suggest?

braided steel lines are good , but only if you use the proper re-usable connections , used with jubilee clips itlooks is pants.

I would run the extra return line in high pressure rubber pipe ( fuel injection pipe) , easier to work with less agressive when it is contact with other pipes/wiring.

Mark

braided steel lines are good , but only if you use the proper re-usable connections , used with jubilee clips itlooks is pants.

I would run the extra return line in high pressure rubber pipe ( fuel injection pipe) , easier to work with less agressive when it is contact with other pipes/wiring.

Mark

My return line is rubber....its just the main line i am concerned about...i dont mind using jubilee clips and dont care how it looks aslong as they do the job

You can get the alloy cover jubilee clips they look better, it is just the braided hose is hard work to work with , the braided cover un-ravels , causing cut fingers and hands, also the stainless braided covering works like a file when it rubs agaisnt other materials , seen it wear throu alloy casings/radiators etc etc , all need isolating from rubbing anything.

Mark

Are said braided hoses not covered then? All braided lines I've had for cars/bikes have always had a silicone like cover on them. I assume these lines you are talking about are bare, in which case, as Mark said, any abbrasion will wear through other stuff and also when it wears the braid itself it will fray and be a nightmare :headhurt: