Rant at letting agency

Husky

i promised myself i wouldn't get personal, i gave up :shrug: a recent email i sent relating to problems in the property. I have been battling with them for 7 months to sort other problems. :dry:

the letting agency is Cartwright Marston, i would advise anyone to STEER WELL CLEAR OF THEM!

If the landlord was contacted ASAP why was i not informed rather than letting me phone up all day long? Where was the follow up to see if the problem was solved? If I hadn't resorted to solving the problem myself, when would it have been fixed? would i have sewage flowing out my front door right now and have to use the Nuneaton offices toilets instead?

I would imagine your receptionists would recall the matter as they were VERY surprised at me not being contacted. One of them even put the repair request down on the official form and passed it on. The day i phoned (22nd Dec) i phoned initially in the morning approximately 9.30am and continued until the 5.30pm closing time.

At the moment im failing to see the function of cartwright marston beyond a message passing service to my landlord, im sure he has an answering machine for this purpose. This is YOUR job! You sort something out for once rather than sitting back and apportioning blame to other parties. I'm fed up with the endless battle to get anything done, i hope you can tell from the tone of this email that i am furious.

Now i am back after Christmas i will contact Dave **** again and sort out a time for his visit. If you are implying i could have phoned him to remdy the drain situation, I was unaware Mr **** was my first port of call for having my drain jetted out and septic tank investigated as an emergency call out.

If you dont hear from the landlord by the end of tomorrow, phone the drain doctor (they are aware of the situation and what needs done) and book them in ASAP. Nice and simple. Maybe you are inexperienced in your current position and you should ask for help from experienced members of staff within cartwright marston?

As always the receptionists were very polite an tried their hardest to help me.

Regards

I can only simpathise with you, Letting agencies are a pain in the ass. :angry:

I would have scooped up a large bucket of said sewage and walked up to the Cartwright Marston office, opened the door and then deposited said sewage...... I think they might get the point then :yuck:

I hope you get it sorted

• 4 weeks later...

my son lets out his house in Mansfield using a letting egency, only a small local family firm but they are tip top. They regularly visit the property to carry out maintenance checks and any problems they find or complaints from the tennants are referred to my son for him to sort himself or they have their own team of local tradesmen who sort it out immediately.