Scorpion with a y-pipe , how loud ?

jasonlycett

Hi Chaps

Been listening to various clips of exhaust's to decide which one to fit on my car. Realistically the Scorpion and japspeed k2 are the only ones in my range. Really like the raspy tone of the Scorpion but noticed people don't fit y-pipes with them typically. Is there a reason why it wouldn't fit a generic y- pipe, and more importantly would the volume difference be noticeable ?, would it be louder than a K2 with a y pipe ?

I know i need to go along and listen to some but im impatient!

thanks!

I have the Scorpion fitted but I don't think it is any louder than the stock exhaust - it sounds nicer but not louder in my opinion. Suits me though!

Really!? Mine is much louder!

I had mine fitted in November and have not been able to give it the 'beans' but under 4k it sounds the same as the stock exhaust.

Do you mean at higher revs than that?!

I have the Scorpion fitted but I don't think it is any louder than the stock exhaust - it sounds nicer but not louder in my opinion. Suits me though!

Really!? Mine is much louder!

I had mine fitted in November and have not been able to give it the 'beans' but under 4k it sounds the same as the stock exhaust.

Do you mean at higher revs than that?!

I mean across all the rev range! I thought the stock exhaust was really quiet hence why I changed... Maybe I need to hear others to compare!