Foe those who think i am carbon crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Carbon Coops

Been having a bit of a play with carbon skinning the past couple of days :teeth:

Bare in mind these are my 1st attempts so dont expect anything too amazing, need a bit more plolishing as i have run out of time but overall i am quite pleased with them.

I did this for a bit of fun and also to help me understand more about what i am working with :teeth:

I have done the B-pillars the washer bottle cap and also the back cover on my N97

Open to any comments

1stattempts-Copy.jpg

1stattempts.jpg

bpillar2.jpg

bpillar3.jpg

bpillar4.jpg

bpillar5.jpg

bpillar6.jpg

Thanks coops

It is neither, it is proper c/f i had to apply a base coat then lay the carbon fibre material over it trim it down, smooth it out, stretch it round the bends secure it then once it has dried apply a clear epoxy top coat then once it has dried trim it right down, then apply 2 more clear top coats then once hat has dried flat it down using diff grades of paper untill it is smooth, then apply clear laqure then when that is dry smoth it off with 1200 then 1600 grit paper then using a polishing compound buf it up, takes lots of time and patience.

I could prob do this with your box but want to perfect my technique before doing stuff on peoples cars :)

I would prefer to mould your box and maki it out of carbon as it is a much better result and allows me to make more with the mould :thumbs:

Coops

good effort, not easy to work with. i did my rear strut and b pillars a while back and its a pig to work with.

+1 Horrible stuff. Did my B-pillars with it & although i got better at it I still couldn't get them perfect.

My laptop came out OK though :teeth: