isues with jailbroken iphone and 3.1.2

UNABASHED

my phone (3g) is currently jailbroken and has been for about 6 months or so. I want to upgrade to 3.1.2 but I assume that if i do that through itunes then it will revert back to unbroken state and i will loose all app's and settings etc that only work with jailbroken phone? Looking at dev team blog i know there is blackra1n for unlocking/jailbreaking once software is updating but is there any way to update the software and keep everything the same?

I might not be making sense here!

If you are talking about backing up jailbreak apps then grab an app from cydia called aptbackup.

It takes a listing of all your jailbreak apps and stores it with your regular backup in itunes. Then after you upgrade just reinstall aptbackup, hit the restore button and all is as it was before.

Hi all,

You can now jailbreak the iphone 3.1.2 and be able to restore abck to previous versions of the OS software.

What you need to look for is a product called blackra1n.

PM me and I can send you a link to the step by step guides and downlaod links. IPSW, itunes and blackra1n app

I've got blackra1n and that's fine for breaking it after software update it applied but by applying the software update it would unbreak my phone and remove all my settings/games/apps/layout etc. I'll take a look at aptbackup and give it a bash again tonight.

incidently, is there anything new and exciting with 3.1.2?

Guy at work has found a floating version of v4 in the depths of the web and is trying to sort that at moment apparently.