Its Snow Moving in East Kilbride..

paulie

Advice please - my zed ain't moved for the last two weeks due to the ice and snow (well I do live in East Kilbride). I've been defrosting and clearing snow off her and starting up for 10-15 mins every 3-4 days and reversing slightly to unlock wheels etc. :cold:

Question being is this the right thing to do or is it best to remove battery and leave?

Also as my zed ain't garaged should I get one of those covers for it? Other half says no way but what does he know! :wacko:

You've got the right idea but please don't put the healights or heated window on as part of your defrosting and leave it to run a bit

longer than 10 mins the engine needs to be up to normal temperature then leave it to run for about 20 mins rev the engine a few times. The zed is a tough bird but you will still suffer from a flat battery if not careful. :)

What you're doing seems fine. I wouldn't bother with a cover.

+1 I got mine through last winter doing just that.

By the way, Stew, how's the weather where you are at the moment?

Not bad. Probably about 6 inches or so lying. Aberdeenshire is on a 'don't drive' on national radio today but I trundles my 16 miles of country roads to work today without issue in the gaylander. In the place I live it was pretty slippery with ice patches under the snow and that eased off about 6 miles from home.

I was still in work at 6.30am though.

Cheers for the advice. So far zed starting up like a little trooper but will run for longer than the 15mins I have been though I'm getting short of petrol now :bang: so may need to dig her out first.. :boxing:

Seen blue zed driving about East Kilbride today - brave boy :drive1 never seen number plate though

Seen a blue 350 on the way home from work yesterday reg "N44" or "M44". I'm sure it was a facelift as it had LED rear lights.

I also had a brown pants moment in my zed earlier on. I went to join the M8 from the fort, and on the short slip road on to the motorway, i went to give it a little gas to get up to speed, then the next second my rear end is swinging out side to side as I went over some black ice. I reckon I drove down the motorway at 45mph for the rest of the journey as I had came out in a cold sweat! :scare: