Will 20s be ok?

Nuno

I'm thinking of getting some new 20" wheels. They are ET35 8.5 front & 10 rear. What size spacers will I need to clear the brembo calipers, will 10mm be ok? As I found some for £47.99 (www.potn.co.uk/p1340293).

I'm also gooing to use falken 452 tyres, I was recommended 245/35/20 front & 275/30/20 rear. Does this set up seem ok?

I will also be lowering the car 30mm. Will having 20s with this set up cause any problems?

Alright,

I have 20s of the same size (different offsets though)

A 10mm spacer minimum will bring the wheel out, you could go more though if you wanted to be aggressive.....

I run 245/30 and 285/30 and it's spot on, no issues with rub (lowered on Eibach Pros) or TC and looks pretty good in my opinion.

Perhaps speak to Andy or CS (both traders on here) for spacers.

The wheels I'm thinking of getting are Vertini fashion. Can anyone please explain why 35 tyres are used on the front and 30 on the rear? I thought both would be 30

stew do you think 285s would be better on the rears or 275s?

The wheels I'm thinking of getting are Vertini fashion. Can anyone please explain why 35 tyres are used on the front and 30 on the rear? I thought both would be 30

stew do you think 285s would be better on the rears or 275s?

A lot of companies recomend 35s at the front. Adam@Z1 recommended me the tyre sizes and I've been happy with them. I don't like tyre stretch and the 285 looks chunky. It's totally personal preference though!

I've decided to go for falken 452 tyres 245/30/20 front and 285/30/20 rear. What size spacers would I be best to clear the brembos and would I need them for both front and rear? I was thinking 10 or 20mm? I was also hoping to lower the car by 30mm with the eibach pro kit springs. Do you think I will have any issues with 20s such as rubbing with this set up, would I need to roll the wheel arches?

Didnt realise you could mix the profile. Makes the vredestein tyres much more affordable on Camskill. 275/30/19 = £290 a pair. 275/35/19 = 400!

You shouldn't mix it. That's the point made above!

I've decided to go for falken 452 tyres 245/30/20 front and 285/30/20 rear. What size spacers would I be best to clear the brembos and would I need them for both front and rear? I was thinking 10 or 20mm? I was also hoping to lower the car by 30mm with the eibach pro kit springs. Do you think I will have any issues with 20s such as rubbing with this set up, would I need to roll the wheel arches?

Good tyre sizes! ;) As I mentioned earlier mine is on Eibach Pros (about -27mm in reality) and I get no rubbing. With 20mm spacers it'll be very aggressive and probably arch rolling would be required. With 10mm spacers you would probably get away with it. 15mm maybe??? :lol:

Didnt realise you could mix the profile. Makes the vredestein tyres much more affordable on Camskill. 275/30/19 = £290 a pair. 275/35/19 = 400!

You shouldn't mix it. That's the point made above!

Was only because Bennet told me that it wouldnt make any difference, and as hes looking into getting tyres for a few people it was troubling me :blush:

You can mix profile all you want, as long as you keep the ratio the same. Bear in mind that profile isn't a fixed size, it's just a percentage of the width of the tyre. For example, if you went for a wider tyre you'd go for a smaller profile to keep the rolling radius the same. Only downside is that it can look a bit funny on some cars/wheels.

The reason profile mixing is a grey area is due to the ESP system on the Zed. If you have a search for things like 'twitchy zed' 'sh*t I crashed' 'My Zed tried to kill me' 'oooooohhhhhh my god' 'emmmm I'm upside down' etc etc you'll usually find that it's wrong profile tyres or odd tyres. The stability system on the zed is easily upset and once it's upset you have a 1500kg 300bhp machine trying to spit you off the road at every opportunity.