Un-modified 350Z - Where is a good place to start?

James B

I'm a new (and very very proud) owner of a 53reg Azure Blue 330Z GT Pack and would love to hear everyones thoughts on mods I can start with. Not looking to become something out of Fast and Furious but am considering things like air filters, induction, chipping etc.

I've already ordered my EBC Turbogrove discs from CS but would love to hear thoughts on mods. What they cost compared to benefits inc HP increases etc.

Come on everyone, the gauntlet has been laid down! :boxing:

lots of options, most mods don't make their full potential unless mixed with a remap of the ECU. for that go speak to abbey motorsport or rs tuning.

as for mods. i'd spend a good few evenings browsing through the forum, its got lots of info and ideas.

Agree with the last 2.

+1 :thumbs:

Over on the MR2OC, you get a lot of newbies spending all their cash on engine mods or putting bodykits on...but their cars are on awful tyres and the suspension's not been aligned in years!! Then they post up a few months later saying they've spun on a roundabout!! :doh:

I've always recommended people follow this order;

Chassis/handling improvements - Lowering, stiffening, bracing & brakes...etc. And make sure you get the geometry set up properly!!

Breathing mods - Intakes & exhausts...to make it sound better!

Aesthetic mods - Kits, carbon, interior bits...etc.

Then power mods last of all...not really applicable to 350Zs unless you're talking FI?? ;)