Hi all.

Just bought a '54 plate black GT coupe, UK car. Can't wait to get it but have to wait until Tuesday.

This is going to be my daily driver and my sensible two seater. Too old to pull any more...

Peter

its basically a earthing kit. A set of leads that helps keep a steady current and make the engine more smoooth. Some members have found no change with one fitted, some have.

I found the difference massive :thumbs: Both my previous zeds felt very rough under low revs prior to the grounding kit being installed :thumbs:

Interesting.

Is the kit a Nissan part? How many leads are there? Dealer fit or d-i-y?

I've noticed that my old Alfa has numerous ground wires and does not rely on fixings passing through gaskets for earth continuity. I suppose that the increasing use of plastics and electronics has made this necessary. Makes sense to try to get all grounds as close as possible to the same voltage.

Peter

Interesting.

Is the kit a Nissan part? How many leads are there? Dealer fit or d-i-y?

I've noticed that my old Alfa has numerous ground wires and does not rely on fixings passing through gaskets for earth continuity. I suppose that the increasing use of plastics and electronics has made this necessary. Makes sense to try to get all grounds as close as possible to the same voltage.

Peter

Mine is a Spill grounding kit and I love it. I would advise anybody to drive your car for at least a month or two before adding a grounding kit so then you will feel the benefits of it! :thumbs:

And on the subject of asking questions...

I signed up here because this is the forum I found first. I've now also found the owners' club forum and signed up there too.

Now I don't want to open up old wounds but would somebody point me to some threads that will help me understand the nature of the split please?

And on the subject of asking questions...

I signed up here because this is the forum I found first. I've now also found the owners' club forum and signed up there too.

Now I don't want to open up old wounds but would somebody point me to some threads that will help me understand the nature of the split please?

simple..... one you pay , the other you dont :thumbs: guess which is best :blush:

Everything is similar, we are both OWNERS Clubs no question on that, we are not JUST a forum, we have meets, discounts etc....., the 2 differences for me are

You do not have to pay for anything here, ie, you get discount and meets 100% without payment. (please ask them to explain what you get for your money then see what the response is.)

Most on here are very friendly without attitude to new people who do not pay. I have never seen anyone being bullied here but have on many occasion seen it there, mainly only by 2-3 people, the rest are also great and many are members of both.

It is worth saying that bridges are getting built and thing are getting better. Try post the same question over there with links to this site and see what happens, we don't mind links to them on here.

By the way :welcome:

Steve

Guest prescience

Being free from the shackles of direct responsibility here, I would like to add my endorsement of Steve's comments (for what that's worth :blush:)

Bridges will never be built whilst the sentiment of the last sentence still holds true.

It particularly irked me when I told an Administrator over there that my situation had changed here and that I would hope I could post freely there (in the Open area and given my background here) - the first response on the matter was a request to remove the link to this site as my 'www' in my profile there. Why?

I have since set that annoyance aside and sincerely hope that more enlightened attitudes prevail resulting in an all-encompassing National meet for the positive good and benefit of all. :)

Ok thanks chaps. I note that acess to technical content is for members only there. I don't propose to add any more to this that might cause a problem for anybody. I've made my decision ;)

And your decision is???? .....................Only joking mudhut, no comment req'd ;) The zed's an expensive car to run although nowhere near Kev946's league :dry: £35 is only pennies in my opinion but my name's Liam not mug. Hopefully other's will explain the benefits to me and I'll happily exchange cheque :blush:

Ok thanks chaps. I note that acess to technical content is for members only there. I don't propose to add any more to this that might cause a problem for anybody. I've made my decision ;)

my name's Liam not mug.

and I thought it was Scally :scare:

my name's Liam not mug.

that's my middle name divvy :p

my name's Liam not mug.

Ok la :p

my name's Liam not mug.

Ok la :p

what's yours cb????