advice needed - maybe not from danny or husky.....

nixy

my bedroom has gone a bit cold, it seems my radiators are a bit cool at the top and hot at the bottom. I'm assuming my radiators need bleeding? As I am lacking a man that can (and even when I had a man, he couldn't.........) can anyone tell me how to do it myself?

At the bottom of the radiators you should have the termostat on one side and on the otherside you should have a little screw with a tiny hole next to it, get a screw driver and SLOWLY turn it, be carefull because even if the hole looks smole there is going to be a fair bit of water coming out, also once you done this your radiator might takes a bit to wrm up again.

Hope this help

At the bottom of the radiators you should have the termostat on one side and on the otherside you should have a little screw with a tiny hole next to it, get a screw driver and SLOWLY turn it, be carefull because even if the hole looks smole there is going to be a fair bit of water coming out, also once you done this your radiator might takes a bit to wrm up again.

Hope this help

do i need to turn the radiator or the heating off?

It depends on whether or not you are on a sealed or pressurised system. Bleeding your rads could cause you some problems depending what system/chb you have. If you have f/e tanks in your roofspace you should be fine providing you have no pressure gauge on your boiler.

If you still need advice, I do this for a living, so pm with your number and I'll call you and talk you through it. :thumbs:

It depends on whether or not you are on a sealed or pressurised system. Bleeding your rads could cause you some problems depending what system/chb you have. If you have f/e tanks in your roofspace you should be fine providing you have no pressure gauge on your boiler.

If you still need advice, I do this for a living, so pm with your number and I'll call you and talk you through it. :thumbs:

Oh well, I tried to help.

So did I, brother. She's so ungrateful!

thanks for that.

Done it! unbelievable amount of air came hissing out! They are hot at the top already! Thanks for the advice guys - so thats flat pack and now radiator bleeding to add to my single girl's set of skill! :thumbs:

no no - we posted at same time - that was for the highly technical Allesandro not you! :lol: