Rays Wheels - Is this totally wrong?

Shuck

Just spotted this 'deal' on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RAYS-forged-350Z- ... 2303fadceb

4 Rays alloys but a couple of things hit me, apart from the price!

These wheels and tyres weigh 5.5kg less than the stock six spoke wheels on your Z each , rotating mass gives around four times the effect of static mass, therefore your car will accellerate quicker on these
Now I'm not very technically minded but this doesn't seem right to me.

The fronts are rears are 225 all around, 245's are over kill when you have the massive grip of R888's, car is much better balanced.
From the looks of it, he had bought 4 front alloys off ebay at £50 each earlier on in the year, and is now trying to flog them on at a profit.

I prefer collection, but delivery is at your risk. I will wrap up best i can
Glad to see he is putting the effort in!

i think he is right about the weight, as the rays are lighter than the normal ones.

but the only reason its got 225's alround is that toyo don't make them in the right size for the rear. and running no offset will actually have an adverse effect on the handling ewven with the supeior grip of the 888's.

i think he is right about the weight, as the rays are lighter than the normal ones.

but the only reason its got 225's alround is that toyo don't make them in the right size for the rear. and running no offset will actually have an adverse effect on the handling ewven with the supeior grip of the 888's.

Not entirely true :) I think that DjTimo is running a square setup & there are a lot of guys in the US that run it with adverse effects :)