Servicing Kent

Engman

Car is coming up for its 2nd service so a P2 (handy just before christmas!!!)

Called round some local garages to both home and work for costs:

Motorline Dartford £314

Beadles Maidstone £350.66

Hidsons (Rainham) £240.09

Quite a difference in price although beadles said they could beat another price I got from another garage, will have to test them on that one!!!

Anyone had any experience in this area with the dealers? Any other I should try or avoid...

Cant comment on the warranty issue - as far as i know as long as genuine nissan parts are used your warranty is not affected but someone else will confirm that im sure.

As for resale I personally would rather see Abbey motor sports stamped in the log book of a zed I was buying then most of the main dealers (Marshall Nissan in Cambridge were also awesome when I took my zed there so there are some great main dealers) but in general places like Abbey who race the cars and tune them know more about servicing them then a dealer who spends most of their time dealing with the more saleable end of the market.

This is all my own opinion of course and Im sure you will have yours but for me I feel safer giving my motor to people who love and cherish their cars then any of the main dealers near me.

Needed to bring my service forward as I have to work away at the end of this week now and the Bromley dealer couldnt fit it in so have gone with motorline at dartford.

Spoke to them on the phone and arranged a small discount from their original offer to £286 but when I got there this morning and spoke with the girl she said they discounted me from the incorrect amount and it was actually going to be £228 :thumbs:

So far so good they were nice and gave me a lift home to carry on "working". Will post up in the good/bad serviceing from dealers section when completed, although I did notice that dartford already had a thumbs up :)

Just a quick update from my experience of the service at Nissan Dartford everything was good and the car was nice and clean but after a short drive down the road to my horror the breaks were very soft and went straight to the bottom and didnt stop the car :scare: Found out that if I pumped the breaks the pressure came back and managed to stop the car.

Returned straight away and they had not blead the breaks :bang: Spoke to a couple of the mechanics an older chap who just seemed to shrug it off but one of the young lads was fuming and trying to find out who worked on my car. I suggested that he should fix it and was absolutly fine within the hour.

The funny part was they sent the admin girl out to appologise and tell me the car was ready and that the manager had said to give me a cleaning kit (rubbish bag with sponge and shampoo in it) for my inconvenience :angry: I suggested that they should be more worried about sending a car out that can quite easily end up in an accident.

This was a shame they were friendly and got a good price but for their oversight on something so important I would have to think twice about recommending them!!!

Thats horrific mate - just lucky you didnt have an accident.

Think this backs up my argument above. They may have the Nissan name over the garage but in my opinion it means squat. I dont mean that to offend Nissan garages in general as I had a fantastic experience at Marshalls but Im just saying that just because they are an authorised dealer doesnt mean they are guaranteed to be the best place to take the car.

Thankfully you didnt end up worse then just annoyed mate!!