AAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

lamby

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH :rant::rant::rant::rant::angry::angry::angry: my F***ing PS3 has just died on me it wont start up any games iv noticed its been freezing up the last few days. and now its finally gave in!!! :stretcher: everytime you try to start a game it comes up with error occured during start up 80010514 .

i have done a quick search on interweb and came up with a procedure to reset the system files as the error is due to some corrupt system files on the hard drive "possibly" or its the blue ray disk drive knackered :bang::bang:

so i tried the procedure and it still doesnt work :cry:

i dont belive it :rant::rant::angry:

im starting to get bloody withdrawl symptoms from modern warfare 2 online already :rant::rant:

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Guess im going to be on the phone to sony tomorrow persuading them for a new one

Had the same problem with ours two weeks ago, Two months out of warranty!!!! £99 flat charge, they pick it up, fix it or replace it and bring it back. Was well Pi$$ed off as it should break that quickly. Argued with about four members of staff, very politely, but they wouldn't budge. So I parted with my cash. It took a week from collection to it coming back.

Worse still, the Xbox 360 broke on Friday. I give up. :angry:

Good luck. :)

X boxes are worse for breaking down :thumbs:

I had all the symptoms and the same error code as you Lamby. Even tried brand new bluray films, new PS3 games all out of the wrappers and still nothing :thumbdown:

Anyway i did all the rebuild data and resets possible and i lost all my game saves and trophies :rant: guess what?

STILL BLOODY NOTHING :shrug:

Trouble is i've got to buy 2 more PS3's for the kids before xmas, and they are moaning like hell for me to fix it now :surrender:

I'm gonna strip it down tomorrow and clean the lens, hopefully that will sort it out. Otherwise the cheapest UK supplier is £49.99 for a replacement lens.

By the way i bought mine the very first day they came out 2 1/2 years ago and has never let me down until now.

I have the original 80gb with memory card slots and 4 usb ports.

Oh dear. PS3's are failing alles uber der platz.

Ahem...

PS Drei gehen krumm ueberall am platz

:lol: squaddy in Germany speak. I don't speak more than 7 words of the Germania talk.

Ich bein ein Berliner! - There's 4

ROFL!!!

Ich = I

bein = leg

ein = a

Berliner! = Citizen of Berlin

thanks everyone for your kind words

xboxes are prone to break and they are sh1t so im pleased i never got one as the technology they are using is from the stonage compared to the PS3 but thats another topic all together http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/sho ... d=26933520

sarah: i rang sony they wanted £100 and said they would pick it up and take it away and fix it and get it back within 21 days :scare: i cant wait that long. well im pleased you got yours fixed and hope your xbox gets fixed soon.

sunset: i have stripped mine down tonight and cleaned the laser lens and i can now play dvds and ps2 games and thats about it but still no modern warfare :cry: i have just purchased a replacement off the dreaded ebay and hopefully shall be with me soon.

however things didnot go quite as smoothly as they seem when i was stripping it down i forgot i had left a disk in the drive and only found this out once i opened the blue ray drive and it popped out :headhurt: so i cleaned the lens and rebuilt it powered it up and the drive wouldnt accept disks so i stripped it down again and put the disk back in and powered up and it wouldnt eject it so i then stripped it down twice more and changed orientation inside and it just made a funny noise so i stripped it down last time still plugged in to see how it worked and what was happening and eventually managed to sort it out. :yahoo: but still not playing ps3 games :thumbdown:

moral of the story Take the disk out before attempting to strip PS3 down :doh::doh::doh:

i will let you know how i get on when it comes

im hopefully going to upgrade the hard drive while im on aswel i think

Bullet magnet Could be worse tho, you could have had a Berliner and a Amerikaner in bed at the same time

Imagine the crumbs in the bed after that!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you watched the tutorial the first thing they said was to remove the disc before starting work on it :lol: Saying that i had a similar problem when i put it back together. I put a disc in and it made a horrible clicking noise and struggled to take the disc in. When it went in i had the same trouble trying to get it out. So 2 strip downs later and it is perfect. Who did you order your laser off Lamby?

haha i never watched one i thought i had removed the disk the night before with it not working well i wont do it again i know that much haha lesson well learnt. always check.

i will find the link in a second and post it up for you bud

the laser i got comes with the motorised deck so it all fits in nice as one unit which is slightly more expensive than the laser on its own but if the laser is worn out then the deck possibly will be too and to sav e further heart ache i thought i would get both. however i have thought once i get my new one i may try and repair the old one.

here is the link

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... h+DECK+UK+