Find me a 350z please folks

Pete the wheel

Howdy folks,

Some of you may know ive sold the GT-R, goes on the 4th dec.

I have a 370z roadster on prov order, for delivery in q2 next yr, orders not being taken until january, but im sure its a goer.

I have a 370z auto from my nissan hpc for the weekend, only picked up at 11am this morning so still having fun learning about the car but so far im very impressed, of course its hard not too compare it to

the GT-R which is off course a completly differant car.

SO, what im after for the period until the 370z arrives next year, is a 350z roadster, this is where you guys come in.

Needs to be a roadster and a auto, seems to be a rare car with only 2 on pistonheads/ebay and autotrader combined.

So, if anyone knows of a car, either at a dealer or on the side of road, or even someone on here whos looking to sell then please give me a holla.

Go find em for me guys

Regards Pete

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do you specifically want a roadster Pete? Especially if its just to keep for the short term? do you need the roof down to fit all your dodgy stuff in it? :lol:

That one looks a decent price but you can tell by the ad the trader doesn't know the car so be careful - if someone from here is nearby they may go with you to have a look. Query the tv/dvd/satnav as well because if its what was in when it was in Japan it won't work except to play CD's. I replaced my import stuff with new.

You would make the hunt much easier if you looked at coupes as well as roadsters :thumbs: I really am not a fan of the roadsters no offence to anyone on here but i think they look a bit like the Ford street Ka's from behind :boat: (awaiting :boxing: )

Anyways i will keep a look out and welcome :D

coops

Well it seems im going to struggle to find a roadster so am now looking at other options

Hows about this one folks, quite near me, guys kindly mailed me over some more pics and fancy taking a look at weekend, perhaps he is someone from here

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1304570.htm

Any issues to look for, is that a fair price, do they rust anywhere, leak (i ask about leaking as in 1 of the interior shots he has mailed over you can see a scraper/rubber blade on the floor, now its too early for ice on screen so in my panic mind I imagine using the rubber blade to wipe condensation from inside of screen, yes i know im an old woman) Any thoughts on this

In pics there are no switches on steering wheel, im presuming that means no cruise control or radio controls.

Too much for an import I would say. By about 1 to 1.5k

Leaks? No

Rust? Shouldnt really! But you need to make sure imports have been undersealed.

Condensation probably as he may think the aircon is for cold air! It should be on as often as possible to clear any moisture from inside the car.

Well the car looks to be an import (Square number plate), but those wheels are standard alloys and not the Rays, so im guessing he means an ST model? Im sure someone will confirm.

Mileage is good for the year and it looks to be in good condition. If it has the original import documents check that to see what condition the car was in when it came across. :thumbs:

shouldn't leak at all

if its a version ST, which is the nearest to a UK GT, i'm pretty certain it should have radio buttons on the steering wheel, but i may be wrong. maybe put up some pics of the inside?

ask to check the import docs to see exactly what spec it is (s, t, st. st is highest)and what grade it was when it was imported

imports dont have cruise control

check stonechips for rust, especially along front edge of bonnet

check foglight works, how many keys does it have, does the boot lid open and lift ok

Thanks folks, some good pointers there.

Quick question, whats with the very low milage on the imports, ive found a 02 reg roadster with only 15,000 on the clock, thats just over 2k a yr

Now i do more than that on my dribberler scooter going to the pub and back.

Is it common practice for these cars to be clocked or do they just not get used in the land of the rising sun.

Hi Pete

When i got my 2003 import she had 12900 on the clock, the japs tend to use performance cars on the weekend which is good for us i dont think it will be clocked mate, some mileages are too good to be true i know, but urs sounds fine to me.

D :thumbs:

mine had 5k on when i got it 2 and a half years ago Pete - its a 2003 and was like a brand spanking new car. Its common for them to have low mileage as they tend to be more weekend toys while the Japanese use their amazing public transport!

to be honest that one looks ok but with that kind of budget i think you could probably find a nicer one.