Flooding

mbs

Thanks Mr S, I am just watching this on the news and it looks pretty shocking in an area that is used to high rainfall. I am lucky to be afloat at work. The car is in a secure compound which should be ok.

I am sure that others around the country have experienced floods like this recently but I have never seen anything like this before in Cumbria, even the Carlisle floods were nothing like this.

Hopefully some of the owners up the coast can give me an update.

Don't worry, all ok here! :boat: Few bridges down at Workington and the Jennings Brewery at Cockermouth is going to be out of action for a while (disaster). Shame about that Copper who was on the bridge when it went, horrible conditions.

I'll not comment on that joke Andrew!

Haven't long had the internet back up and running.

Northside bridge has disappeared, its a huge bridge aswell. (The one they keep showing on the news) Had myself a walk down this morning and was shocked.

Its starting to grate on me when everyone says we're stuck. To be fair its causing disruption to the roads but there's more than 2 roads in and out of Workington.

They're expecting the bridge with the railway line to go down next & possibly another couple of bridges (one being broughton & the other the big one just up from northside bridge by seaton roundabout).

The damage the river has caused is unreal though and I'm just pleased I live a few miles away from the river and right at the top of a bloody big hill