Race Valeting Vs Brand New Ferrari F430 F1 Black

Race Valeting

This has been on the cards now for a couple of months, I also look after the owners TTS and the Ferrari has now been put on a month maintenance and the TTS on a Bi-monthly :thumb:

The car was the last F430 to be sold by the hampshires dealer and was bought with 16 miles on the clock as the showroom car, as this was my first Ferrari I was expecting it to be pretty well prepped due to the prestige and price of the cars but how wrong was I.

This was the car on arrival:

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

The car wasn't firthly but did have a bit of grime on her, firstly started with the wheels and some bilberry and a selection of brushes, the tyres and arches with HD Surfex.

Next up the car was foamed using megs hyper wash and left to dwell for 5 mins before being rinsed, then washed 2bm and some hyper wash the car was then taken on the unit to clay/paint readings etc etc

Not much contamination came off with the clay so then onto the paint reading, pretty strange some panels were 140-190 others 200-250 microns and there was a couple of odd patches on the passenger door where it looks like the metallic hadn't laid correctly of the paintwork had been brushed past while still wet :doublesho

Look just above the halogen and to the left is where the paint defects are along with all the dealers nice holograms:devil:

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

This is the rest of the cars defects:

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

The car was machined using the 220 and a yellow 3m pad and some ultrafina mixed with ultrafine compound this was knocking the holograms out a treat and some places were taking 2-3 hits to remove the marks, I only had the car for 1 day due to the owners insurance not allowing it to be anywhere overnight so didn't have much time on my hands.

Once all the machining was done the car was given a IPA wipedown ready for the cleansing using Zymol HD Cleanse, this was followed by a coat of Vintage applied panel at a time then buffed and given a final wipedown with field glaze prior to the owner collecting.

The glass was cleaned using megs, the exhaust with britemax final shine and the engine given a wipe over to remove and water marks/dust etc then onto the interior.

The wheels were sealed with zaino cs and the tyres dressed with cg new look trim gel.

Fully hoovered and the leathers conditioned with gliptone etc etc.

And at around 9pm the car was looking like this:

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

The beast

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

Finally before:

IMG_0278.jpg

Afters:

IMG_0337.jpg

Total time was 12 hrs and had a fellow DW member pop in a say hello and admire the beast for a while, nice to see you again Adam:thumb:

Thanks for looking and all C & C welcome.

Paul

Very nice B)

I passed one on the way home the other day, was in yellow with a black diffuser, looked very cool, although the owner was driving at as if they had just bought it as it was raining and they were doing 50MPH on a dual carridgeway.