Goodyear or Vredestein

maz77

I am on the look for a set of 18" tyres.

I have narrowed down the short list to:

Goodyear EAGLE F1 Asymmetric

or

Vredestein ULTRAC SESSANTA.

having been a bridgestone loyal (more or less), I think the above options are better value for money. as I have never tried any of those makes I was just wondering whats the feedback like from people who tried them before.

reading through the tyre sections I could see one or two members have Vredesteins and are quite happy with them.

I am edging towards the goodyears as the price difference isnt huge.

any feedback would be much appreciated.

indeed, any other suggestions that fall close to the prices of the above would also be appreciated.

not tried the asymetrics, but have previously used the eagle F1's the grip on them was good, but i found the side walls were horribly soft, and they seemed to pick up punctures far easier than other tyres, and they shredded on rough surfaces like gravel.

i have the sessantas and have been very happy with them, nice stiff sidewalls like the bridgestones, excellent grip dry and wet. still very progressive breakaway. and alot harder to get the tyre to loose traction compared to the stones.

this website has been very useful and also links to sevaral tyre review articles done in magazines internationally. and nationally.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/

might send traction control loopy

some get away with it and some don't

greekman (i think) does and he tracks it, so up to you really

I was unable to find asymetrics as well....

i v used 40 and 45 profiles but all the other dimensions were oem (225/18 and 245/18). no probs with the ESP whatsoever. :thumbs:

My Zed is running on Yokohama Sport V103, an asymmetric. Hold to the road well wet or dry, very firm sidewall. Not sure about 18" sizing though. Another one worth thinking about anyway. Not the cheapest, although might be a bit different your side of the pond.