New Urethane Transmission Mount

Adam@Z1auto.com

Just received a nice urethane transmission mount for the 350Z/G35 (manual transmission) that I will be trying out in my car. Construction is very nice – billet T6 6061 aluminum, with a 75a durometer urethane insert. The sleeve for the bolt is already installed so it should be a drop in replacement for stock. We’ve noticed the factory mount has alot of lateral play to it, which contributes to a bit of a vague shifter feel. On the urethane one, the entire center section is filled in, giving it a much sturdier mount vs the stock one, which has alot of give (see last pic). The stock mount is about a 40a durometer by comparison. I am hoping for big things from this little mod, as it should make shifting alot more direct and precise. More on it later in the week when we install it. If it works out well we'll do a batch and have another neat product to add to the repertoire!

new mount:

new103009%20019.jpg

new103009%20021.jpg

new103009%20020.jpg

stock mount:

stocktransmount350z.jpg

Adam - Your'll probably be able to answer this once installed but does this transfer more vibration to the cabin. Having replaced gearbox [Transmition] mounts on previous car, not a 350z, to prevent the manifold [headers] cracking there was a noticable increase in noise/ vibration?

Dan

Thats a really good idea :thumbs: looking forward to the results....a rough idea on the price these?

Just went to google and did a little search for you bhav ;)

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?mode ... rodid=4381

Thanks mark :thumbs: once adam gives some feed back on it...ill probably get myself 1 of these :)

this is going on the ever growing list of parts...just managed 2 convince myself that I need coilovers :lol:

You do need coilovers, i have my BC Coilies going on the 24th Nov, along with Adam supplied Moonface Racing Roll Center Adjusters :-)

This will go with the whiteline suspension bushs i already have on the front, and the whiteline ARB's.

A few more handling bits to go on after this, but it should be good.